Thread: How to read a h-264 encoded file.

How to read a h-264 encoded file.

Hello,
    I try to play videos .mkv in which the video stream is encapsulated in the h264 720p. When I run the video, regardless of night the player (mplayer gxine, movie player classic, vlc), it opens, displays the first frame, and closes immediately. How to read the h-264 file. Do you have an idea of the problem? Any answer to this solution is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

mplyer read a h-264 encoded file.

Hello,
    Even i do have a simialr kind of a problem with the file, i think it is encoded with the h-264 file format. When I tried with the mplayer is gives me the following result.
    Here's what sent me mplayer:
    Code:
    MPlayer 2:1.0 ~ rc1-test(C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team CPU: Genuine Intel (R) CPU T2050@
    What exactly is this error all about. Any help regarding this will help me. Thank you for your help.

read a h-264 encoded file in linux

Hello,
    Code:
    X11 error: BadAlloc (Insufficient resources for operation )?,?% 0 0
    This is the error you will get when you try to read the h-264 file. Well, the error is there ... but what it comes ... I do not know. Would you have to compiz enabled? Try by disabling the compiz if you are on linux based operating system. What graphics card do you have and with what driver?

Re: How to read a h-264 encoded file.

Hello,
    When I try to read an encoded MKV x264 it is not working in graphic
    cons for command line it gives this:
    Code:
    test @: ~ $ cd Desktop / Download example test @: ~ / Desktop
    But it's slow and the proc is being used at 100%, there is no way to reduce the load on the processor? why mplayer does not play in graphics mode (+ practical for a beginner like me)? In vlc it's slow, Totem also reads well but it's slow and the processor is also fully. So, if there is an alternative way to do then please let me know.

encoding h-264 file step by step

Hello,
    The Encoding type (encoding) you can choose between different modes of conversion. In the dropdown you can choose:

Single Pass (one pass) - Bitrate is used to convert video to a bitrate fixed. You can use this option to convert your video at a relatively high speed and get a file to a target bitrate.

Single pass (one pass) - Quantification is used to convert high quality video sets. You can use this option to convert your video and receive a file size not fixed, but good quality.

Multipass - First pass (first pass) is used for the first pass in multipass mode. Read the information below to learn how to perform multipass conversion.

Multipass - First Pass (Fast) (First pass (fast) is used for the first pass in multipass mode. Read the information below to learn how to perform multipass conversion.

Multipass - Nth Pass is used for the second and all following passes of the multipass conversion. Read the information below to learn how to perform multipass conversion

Hello,
    The program AVS Video Converter allows you to convert several passes. If you want to create a file of fixed size and quality, we recommend you use multipass mode. To start the conversion multipass, first choose the encoding Multipass - First pass or Multipass - First Pass (Fast) , set all the codec settings, click OK , and shut the Editor AVI profile , click on Button Change! . When the conversion is complete, open the AVI Profile editor the second time and click Configure . Then select the encoding Multipass - Nth Pass , set all necessary parameters and repeat the conversion process again.

Hi,
    When you choose the method Multipass - First Steps or Multipass - First Step (Fast) , the codec only analyzes the input video and creates a temporary log file - file stat , where all the information on file will be saved. Then during the second pass the file is created. Be careful, you do not receive a video output after using the method Multipass - First pass and Multipass - First Pass (Fast).