Thread: Mpeg2 and PCM video problems

Mpeg2 and PCM video problems

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to resolve the issue that I am running with mine at work which is as follows :

captured, edited, exported, made DVD (Mpeg2 + AC3 audio) and was sent to clients...

I have since had 6-7 copies returned (Mpeg2 + AC3 audio) with not being able to listen any audio,Then I tried with a latest (Mpeg2 + PCM audio) copy with all clients now being able to watch and listen the concert, but running with a issues with a video "glitch" (as if the decoder is having a hard time processing the footage as fast as enough in high action scenes, and therefore the image "sticks" and then going on when the processor is running well again). As I have not had got it happen ever before, and getting failed to resolve this issue with every idea we can come up with. Anyone have some ideas about the same problems...

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Netorious; 03-05-2010 at 04:46 PM.

Mpeg2 and PCM video poblems

Quote Originally Posted by Netorious View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have since had 6-7 copies returned (Mpeg2 + AC3 audio) with not being able to listen any audio.
    After any operation that you have done earlier and are you to get perfect sound or not. Currently, Can YOU hear the audio ?

I am also working for a video production organization. We recorded a dance video (1 of the 25 or so that we did past year), all but this concert have been well with no "fix-ups" required. We recorded this concert, edited the footage and created the Master DVD, that was then duplicated with the help of standalone Duplicators (the image is stored in the Hard disk then after burnt and tested as each DVD has been completed, by the computer) that is distributed among 120 customers in Mpeg2 video format with 192kb AC3 audio, on DVD-R verbatim discs.

After all this, few users came back and complaining that they can't get any audio whilst playing the DVD.

I considered your situation and got that you have some problems with the format and the conclusion of your problem is as follows:

• Playback problems on standalone DVD player
    • No issues when played on pc/mac/...?

Can you explain me something. The first thing that I wanted to know that what video bit-rate and which authoring tool you have used earlier ?

Thanks for getting my question to solve. That's fine and I am currently running with the following Video bitrate that are as follows -

Video bitrate = 8000kb
    Audio = PCM (standard 1536kbps @ 44khz sample rate)

Apart from this, I am using Womble Mpeg Video Wizard 5.0 and its onboard burning software...Thanks once again .!!!!!!!

[quotes] Audio = PCM (standard 1536kbps @ 44khz sample rate) [/quotes]

I think, you should try with the 48 KHZ. In case, your 44 was a typo and you already used 48khz, then i would suggest that the data are inside specs (unless you have a second or third audio stream with that bitrate then the max. 10.08mbps were passed) so the further query is as follows:

- Have you used womble/that routine of yours successfully before?
    - Have you tried burn speeds such half of the highest,your media is capable of?
    - Could you try to reproduce the bugs by getting to know brand/model of any of the players not playing your media completely ?
    - You need to consider about demuxing your streams and using another authoring AND disk writing tool.

Yeah, i just seems that typo, the audio sample rate is at 48khz and there is only the one stereo audio stream which is being used along with the video footage and the menu.

I have not had to use such type of format prior to now when using the most common and widely acceptable format combination of audio and video on DVD here in AUS. Mpeg2 with AC3 audio, hence the issues that we are getting to create an alternative working format for these few customers.

I also tried using a slower burning speed and on-board post-burn testing to find out if anything pops up but nothing happened. the issue is persist and getting up when played that is but nothing "abnormal" displays up from the tests. I am running with the process of burning a new master after...