Thread: Best Codec for very high-res video.

Best Codec for very high-res video.

Hello,
    I am looking of the best codec for very high resolution video. Can any one tell me the software of good codecs. I am searching for this on internet for a long time now, but I can not find a good software with all the codecs included in that. So, if you guys know one then please let me know. Thank in advance.

Re: Best Codec for very high-res video.

Hello,
    It is not that you have to install some software for that, only the following can help you

Video Formats
    MPEG-2 - Codec that Old has had its day, used for DVD and Blu-ray first. Blur of motion, pixelation and tingling are common flaws of this codec. Broadband they enjoy in HD (20-30 Mbps to 5 Mbps cons on the DVD), it still allows to appear often at the height of the support.

VC-1 (Video Codec 1) - Used by Warner and a few Disney and Paramount, he has little fault for not always presenting a perfect fluidity. For this reason, everyone turns gradually to the MPEG-4. It remains an excellent HD compression format.

MPEG-4 (also known as H.264 or AVC )- Praised by all and now perfectly mastered, he won in reference codec for high definition.

Hello,
    I do agree with the above post. This is what you will need to install. In addition you can install the audio format.

The Audio Formats

Dolby Digital 640 Kbps / 768 Kbps DTS : Offered on the most prestigious DVD, these are the minimum rates of Blu-ray. The record remains excellent, even if we stay away from HD. An encode these formats to 1.5 Mbps is also called " full speed " , compared to 640/768 Kbps called " mid-flow " .

Dolby Digital Plus / DTS-HD High Resolution Audio are the evolutions of Dolby Digital and DTS and offer a greater number of channels the default (up 8) and encoding between 640 Kbps and 2 Mbps (typically 1.5 Mbps DTS-HD HRA).

Dolby True HD / DTS-HD Master Audio : Compressed lossless formats ("lossless"), they are the current references of HD formats with PCM.

PCM (Pulse Code Modulation) format uncompressed, provides a record equivalent to SDR-encoding HDMA and DD-THD.

Best AVCHD codec

Hello,
    I'm trying some new possibilities for inclusion of a compare HD HD-SDI output. With Panasonic's introduction of the AG-hmr10 Compact recorder I wonder about the quality of the AVCHD codec. Although it was mainly used in small camcorders before, how would the images compare DVCPRO HD when connected to the HD-SDI output of a Panasonic HDX -900 Or WebCam? How it works hold compared to a nano, the less mobile. Any help regarding this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    Nano Flash is really small, broadcast-quality with many different transmission speeds. They are all full-raster 4:2:2 (except proxy), data speed varies 100-220 Mbit / s, files are 100% compatible with FCP. It is HD-SDI in and out and HDMI in, it uses cheap and compact flash cards than from disk. What else can you do need? I guess you understand what I am trying to say.

Hello,
    What do you mean Pro less portable? Dsi from HD? Put it on the table and 300 meters of cable. How much more portable, it needs to be? Add it to the exoskeleton and mount it in your camera. Pro res HQ is the only way to go. Forget the prosperous codecs.

Hello,
    Apple 's Prores codec files are usually @ 10-bit encrypted and included in much, much more information about the video (4:2:2 or 4:4:4) and data rates of up to times higher than the specific implementation uses AVCHD dozens of hmr10. There are a lot of good information out there about Prores.