Thread: How to convert OGG to AVI

How to convert OGG to AVI

Hello everyone, I am searching for some methods on how to convert OGG to AVI. I have tried searching the internet for the possible softwares, that will help me to do the required conversion, but could not find any. My computer is running Windows Vista operating system. The main thing that I want to keep safe in these converted files are the subtitles. I dont want them to be damaged. So, kindly provide some help on this topic as soon as possible.

Re: How to convert OGG to AVI

According to me, the best converter that is available in the market is the "Total Video Converter". I guess that it will also help you to convert OGG to AVI. Infact, it can help to convert many file formats to various other formats. Also, remember to get the newer version of this converter because it will be supported with many new file formats and there will also be new features included in it.

Inorder to convert OGG to AVI, it is required that you must have the following tools with you:
    • VirtualdubMod
    • Ogg DirectShow Filter or OggDS or OGM Codec
    • matroska or MKV Codec
    • Lame MP3 ACM

Now, after you get these tools, first install the codes and after that install VirtualdubMod. It will guide you on how to go about the conversion.
    I wish you all the best.

Hello there, I suppose that ZeDaX's solution of using the total video converter will be a recommended solution to convert OGG to AVI. This is because this converter has a very simple and flexible interface. Thus, it can be assured that there will no problems while using this software by any of the persons, including inexperienced as well as professionals.

You have mentioned that you have to protect the subtitles even after you convert OGG to AVI. I think that after the conversion is done, protecting the subtitles is a very difficult task. Actually, if you are lucky enough, then the subtitles will remain with the video itself. But, it is seen that many a times, they are simply deleted after the conversion is done. So, I suppose that it is a very hard luck with the subtitles.

When talking about protecting the subtitles even after the conversion OGG to AVI is done, I recommend to use the solution that is given by Glenny. Just make sure that you get all the tools and codecs as mentioned, otherwise it may not work out and you may loose the subtitles too.
    Anyone can try out the solution and it will be a success. Any problems and queries are very much welcome.