Thread: How to demux WMV file

How to demux WMV file

I am having a WMV file and I just want its audio. This means that I want to remove only the video part of it. I need to do this to make the audio as the ringtone of my phone. So, basically I need someone to provide information on how to demux WMV file. Is there any software that will help me in this case? I am using Windows 7 operating system with 4 GB RAM and Corei7 processor. I am waiting for suitable replies and suggestions.

Re: How to demux WMV file

Since, you are running the Windows 7 operating system in your machine, make sure that any software that you get must be compatible with it. This is because there are many incompatibilities with the applications and programs in Windows 7. So, after installing any software, run the hardware and software evaluation tool and it will help to know if this software is compatible with the operating system or not.

Hello there,
    I am using a software called Goldwave to demux WMV file, that is for the same purpose of creating ringtones for my phone. When you open any WMV file with the help of this software, only the audio of the same will be shown in graph format. You just have to save this file in the MP3 format. It is important to note that the Goldwave folder must contain lame_enc.dll.

According to me, the simplest software that can be used to demux WMV file is Windows Media Encoder. It has a very simple and flexible interface and thus, all the users can use it with ease. This includes beginners as well as experienced persons too. Actually, when you go about using this software for the particular purpose, you will be guided on how to demux. So, there will be no problems using it.

There is no need to worry if you use the latest version of VirtualdubMPEG2 to demux WMV file. This is because this version will be compatible with the Windows 7 operating system too. I can assure you about it because all the new versions of the softwares, applications and programs being released are working fine with Windows 7.
    Wish you all the best......

If the software that is used to demux WMV file is having problems with the Windows 7 operating system, then you will just have to get the compatibility tool for the same. Installing this tool before the particular software is installed will help to get rid of any possible incompatibilities with the software and the operating system.

The compatibility mode will help you to run the particular software in the Windows 7 operating system and thus, you will also be able to demux WMV file. The troubleshoot compatibility option has to be used in this case. I have been able to get rid of many incompatibility issues in my system with Windows 7. So, I think that your problem will also be solved with this option.