Thread: How to fix subtitles

How to fix subtitles

Hello friends,
    I do not like the VOB files. So, I converted one such movie file to AVI with the help of Total Video Converter. I am facing a weird problem after that. The video plays fine. The issue is with the subtitles of the movie. It seems to have destroyed because it seems to be in a very bad font style. Also, the color of the subtitle is of some sort of blue and white. So, I need some information on how to fix subtitles. I am using Windows 7 operating system.
    All possible replies and suggestions are very much appreciated.

Re: How to fix subtitles

Inorder to fix subtitles, I suggest you to have a look at the following threads because they look to be similar problems as yours and hence, you may also get the required solutions there:
    1. Unable to load subtitles in my OS
    2. http://forums.techarena.in/media-player/1327516.htm

There is no need to worry even if your issue is not solved in these threads. Just reply if the problem is still persisting even after using the solutions there.

I suppose that the player that you are using is incompatible with the Windows 7 operating system. This is indirectly affecting the subtitles of the movie. So, I think that you must set the operating system in the compatibility mode when the movie is run in this player. Just use the troubleshoot compatibility option to get into the compatibility mode. Actually, the recommended settings that are given there can be used or you can also go doing the settings manually.

It is also possible that there has been some problems while doing the conversions and this is the main reason why you are facing problems with the subtitles. I guess that instead of trying to fix subtitles, you must try to convert the movie again. I am guessing that you are having the problems only with this particular file. I am also guessing that you may be having the main copy of the movie.

I cannot understand what the problem is with the subtitles. I have seen the subtitles as mostly to be pale yellow. You have mentioned that it is blue and white. According to me, it is quite better than the general color. Please reply with the main problems that you are facing with the color of the subtitles. I am not sure, but there may be softwares that will help you to change the color of the subtitles. Search for the same on the web. I hope that this solution helps.

Hello again, actually I need to fix the subtitles because they seem to be destroyed to me. They are like very much blur many a times. I cannot understand why this problem has happened because there were no issues while converting them. I will try the above mentioned solutions, but any more suggestions will also prove to be of great help to me. Thanks in advance.

You have mentioned that the subtitles seem to have blurred out. This is a problem that has happened while the conversion was done. The system must have not alerted about the particular problem that was taking place during the conversion. So, to fix the subtitles, you just have to convert them again. I hope that you may still be having the original copy of the video.