Thread: 0x0000000d error - Windows 7 lap can't use printer on XP desktop

0x0000000d error - Windows 7 lap can't use printer on XP desktop

Hello everyone here,

I have some issues with the establishment of my PC configurations, I am not sure that I am in the correct place. I am trying to configure my Windows 7 installed laptop to print off my XP desktop.When I get ready to connect with my the printer, it activates for creating connection with printer but after a while get stops and occurring me an error message with the code that is described as : 0x0000000d.
    I tried to solve this about 3 hours researching but there is nothing to show for it. Anybody have any solution for such issue ?

The configurations for my connecting devices and software's : Windows 7 laptop/ XP PRO desktop/ Canon MP620 printer

Thanks !!!!!!!!

Have you tried to solve this with using any utility regarding the issue and that is associated with the windows 7. If you haven't tried with any of these then I will suggest you to for the utility that I know very well and that is specially for such type of error. You need to download a windows 0x0000000d error repair tool and install it.After performing the installation, launch it and click on the Repair All Button. It will scan your configured system and would suggest you what to do after this to resolve it .

This error can be occurred in the incompatibility or unavailability of the software that is required to operate the system .

Did you install the proper driver for Windows 7 on your laptop? You are unable to just connect it to a shared printer, especially with a so many various OS, and expect it to perform. Sometimes, I have gone so far as to install a printer as local, get it working that way, and then configured the port for another. Need to care about these all of the things ...

Latest drivers on computers

The guides and suggestion that I got in this thread, I will say thanks to both of you because it is very helpful to consider my issue, the MP620 is assumed to work with windows 7. But I moved ahead and loaded the newest drivers from Canon and the utilities that goes with it on both computers ( it's for 7/XP/2000/Vista). It didn't help. In fact, it assumed to have tossed a wrench into the laptop looking the desktop though I am unable to figure out why. As to installing as a local, are you saying configure it up USB first then after move to change the port settings ? And that works?

star 0x0000000d error - Windows 7 lap can't use printer on XP desktop

I am getting your problems but there is some confusion going on with you and you have to remove it from the mind and get ready to go for work. Installing it as a local printer helps rule out some compatibility problems . If you can make it work while connected up to a USB port on the local peripherals, you know you have got a fair shot of making it work as a network or shared device. If you are unable to get it to work as a local device, there's no use trying it on the network.

Hi,

I need to connect it up the laptop directly to the printer, And after committing such procedure just like I now have the desktop connected up. If it does work, then after I change the port. What should I configure the port to afterward? There is one option is already tagged here as LPT1, what should I go for: The same or something else?

Thanks for the help.

You need to unplug the USB from the laptop and connect that again to the XP desktop. Then in Start (the orb) move to Devices and Printers and in the top line choose Add a Printer, select Add a Network etc from the dialogue box and a list of known network printers will be displayed, select the share name of the printer that you need to access, it will be in such format -

\\name of xp system\mp620

or Something like that, follow the prompts and it should be good to go. Let us know how you get on.