Thread: Can't find Xvid codec in Virtualdub

Can't find Xvid codec in Virtualdub

My computer is running Windows 7 operating system with 4 GB RAM and Core2Duo processor. Actually, I have done an upgradation to this particular operating system recently. Everything was fine in the previous operating system, that is Windows Vista. After upgradation, the weird problem that has struck my system is that it can't find Xvid codec in Virtualdub. I am not able to get why this problem is happening because I have installed the codecs properly.

Re: Can't find Xvid codec in Virtualdub

Hello there, if you can't find Xvid codec in Virtualdub, then the thread that is given below might help you because a similar type of problem that you have encountered is also present there. I hope that you can get the solutions for your issues too from the same thread:
    Xvid codec installation
    If the problem is still persisting, then just reply back.

It is possible that there are some conflicts with the Xvid codecs in the Windows 7 operating system. This may be the reason why you can't find Xvid codec in Virtualdub. So, you will have to make sure that correct and compatible codecs are installed in your system. After that, check out if the situation is still there or not. Mostly, it must be solved.
    Wish you all the best..........

While working with the Windows 7 operating system, it is required that you must use the latest version of all the applications, programs and softwares. I guess that you are using an old version of Virtualdub because of which the system can't find Xvid codec in it. So, search the internet for the newer version of this Virtualdub and install it as soon as possible. This will probably fix the situation.

I have seen many Windows 7 users complaining that the system is prompting that it can't find Xvid codec in Virtualdub. So, I think that this is possibly an incompatibility issue that the codec or the application, that is Virtualdub is facing with the Windows 7 operating system. I recommend you to start the system in the compatibility mode to eradicate the problem. This can be done with the help of the option for "troubleshoot compatibility", that is available when you right-click on the particular applications and programs.

Inorder to get rid of the compatibility issue that is causing the problem that the system can't find Xvid codec in Virtualdub, I advice you to get the compatibility tool for Virtualdub. Make sure that you install the tool after you remove the current files of Virtualdub. After installation of the tool, you will have to reinstall Virtualdub. Now, all the required settings for its compatibility will be done with the help of this tool.