Thread: Converting DivX to Xvid using fourcc

Converting DivX to Xvid using fourcc

Hello everyone I need to know that is there a method for converting DivX to Xvid using fourcc. My computer is running Windows XP operating system and I am trying to run some DivX and Xvid files that I have downloaded recently. I am able to play the Xvid files without any issues. The DivX files are refusing to play. I am not able to understand why. Hence, I need some suggestion on how to go about with the conversion.

Re: Converting DivX to Xvid using fourcc

Hello there, I suppose that the problem of converting DivX to Xvid using fourcc has been solved on our forums already. Just have a glance at the following thread and check out if it is of any help to you:
    http://forums.techarena.in/operating-systems/365864.htm
    If your problem is solved or not, just let me know about it. All your queries and problems are duly accepted.

Have you tried using Total Video Converter for the purpose of converting DivX to Xvid. According to me, this is the best converter available in the market and it also supports almost all the formats available till now. Make sure that you use the latest version of this software, so that all the new features of this software will be provided to you as well as additional file formats will also be included.

I think that there is no use converting DivX to Xvid using fourcc. This is because I had the same problem that the Xvid formats used to play, but the DivX formats cannot be played. I was having a Linksys DMS2100 Media Extender. I converted the DivX formats successfully, but those converted files were also not able to play. So, I guess that converting the videos will not prove of any help to you.

Doing the conversion of DivX to Xvid using fourcc is the perfect solution that you are trying for. There are 2 boxes available. You just have to put the file in the 2nd box. The first box will contain the file format to which it has to be changed. When you click on "Apply", the required conversion will take place and it must play in your system. You will have to contact the officials of fourcc if the problem still persists. They will let you know as to what problem is being caused.

The problem that is being faced by Macarenas about converting DivX to Xvid using fourcc seems to be caused because of some conflicts with the player and the operating system. Before getting some professional help, I would advice you to change the player and check if the the problem is solved or not. Do it before you try out the conversion.