Thread: XBox 360 Data Transfering

XBox 360 Data Transfering

I have recently replaced the XBox 360 and the replacement has an 80Gigabyte hard drive and the other hard drive I am having is of 20Gigabytes. I need to transfer the lost data from the 20GB to my 80GB. I read about a data transfer made that are made by Microsoft that you plug in the back of the XBox 360 and the other end in a hard drive but the way the method is done, it sounds risky because some things have been known to be lost.
    Is there a quick and easy way for transferring the data? I need to transfer data to XBox 360

Many thanks.

Re: XBox 360 Data Transfering

Microsoft has a data transfer kit available, but it only comes with Xbox 360 Elite's and the 120 GB HDD pack and is not available to purchase
    People on eBay sell their kit once they have used it themselves, so you can have a look there.

It's actually not a copy, but a move, so afterwards, your 20 GB HDD will be empty. It should move everything, including downloads and achievements, but certain save games cannot be moved for selected titles. I think even if you do not move the downloads, Live has a record of your points and purchases, so I don't think it will be lost, but at worst, you'll have to re-download (for free) the add-ons you've already purchased.

Make sure you have enough space for the content you love. The 250GB Hard Drive is the perfect storage option for your Xbox 360 Console, with plenty of space to hold all your downloaded games, movies, television shows, music, and more.

The Xbox 360 250GB Hard Drive includes a data transfer kit to easily migrate all of your saved data to your new hard drive. It comes preloaded with great HD game demos, videos, and an assortment of Xbox LIVE Arcade game trials.

Many thanks for the information. I did try to find the XBox 360 section but I could not find it.

I am worried and confused. First, I do not know if I am an Elite user. Are Elite users the ones with a 120GB hard drive only? The biggest hard drive I have is an 80GB hard drive.

I do not know if my achievements and game score points are held on XBox Live because I got most of the achievements and game score points before I got XBox Live. I do not know if XBox Live recorded my achievements and game score points later when I got XBox Live. Most of my XBox 360 use was as one-player games without the XBox Live. This is also, why I am worried and confused.

The Elite is the black one with the 120 GB HDD.

The reason the source drive is erased is due to avoid piracy I suppose - the process is a move, rather than a copy.

As for achievements and gamer points, it is a bit trickier. Do you have a separate online and offline gamer tag, or you only having one gamer tag that used to be offline, but is now online?

If you have separate gamer tags, then I think the best thing to do is to email Microsoft and tell them exactly what your current situation is and what you plan to do and they will hopefully provide some instructions.

Hi Everyone,
    I do some searches for transferring the saved game files between consoles both are XBOX 360

I found some but I want to how they do copied the saved game that is in memory unit and the file size of one game is more than over than 1 Giga byte the biggest authorized memory unit 512 megabyte.?
    I am asking this because I want to transfer the game.

Please help,

Thanks in advance.

You can transfer, but for that you need to follow the steps given below:
    1. First turn your 360 on and then log in to your gamer profile.
    2. After that select my xbox that is on the dashboard and you have scroll to the right to System Settings. After that, press the green/A button for selecting.
    3. Now, go into Memory, and then select the device that you want to examine.
    4. After that choose the Games and then game whose save file you need to transfer. Now, search for files labeled with Saved Game.
    5. After that, click on the saved game file of that you need. Then hit transfer.
    6. Press green/A for choosing a device, and then wait for the transfer process for finishing.
    I hope this will help you.