Thread: Filtering out a certain color in VirtualDub

Filtering out a certain color in VirtualDub

I need someone to help me on filtering out a certain color in VirtualDub. Actually, I have recently got certain great old collection of movies that are in black and white. The problem is that some of the movies are having subtitles at the bottom, that is of a pale orange color. I need to get rid of the same and hence, I was thinking of just filtering it with black color as the who movie was black and white.
    All possible replies and suggestions are very much appreciated.

Re: Filtering out a certain color in VirtualDub

There is a very simple solution for your situation. There is no need to find out the methods for filtering out a certain color in VirtualDub. Since, the subtitles are at the bottom, you just have to cut the same. VirtualDub will help for the same, but you have to use Null-Reference filter along with it. I have tried out the same in many of the videos and have proved successful and hence, can assure you about it.

The video or movies may seem old if you cut out the subtitles because the resolution will become low. Also, it is not a good thought for filtering out a certain color in VirtualDub. There are many tools available in the market for playing the videos without the subtitles. Search for the same on the internet and you will get many options for it. Select the one that is suitable for your use.

I am also irritated of the Spanish and French subtitles, that are provided in the movies. They simply distract. But, rather than, filtering out the subtitles in VirtualDub, I recommend you to use OGG container. I am using it and there is an option saying Dont Play Back the Subtitles. This will help you to avoid the situation that you are facing with the particular video clips.

Hello there,
    There is a software called AVIDemux, that gives an option for erasing certain parts of the videos. In video filters, go to the Eraser filter that is in Misc. So, indirectly your problem will also be solved as well as there is no need to get the solution for filtering out a certain color in VirtualDub. Make sure to get the latest version of this software, so that you can get all the features of this software.
    Wish you all the best.....

Why are you trying to filter out a certain color in VirtualDub? How about looking for some professional help for the same. I guess that there are people who have knowledge and tools that can help to get rid of the subtitles from the videos or clips. So, I think that trying for the same is a better option.