Thread: DVD Rebuilder not running on Linux in Wine

DVD Rebuilder not running on Linux in Wine

I was happily using the the free version of Rebuilder on my Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper but since when i have updated my system by installing an Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy i can not use it. All other encoders are opening but not Rebuilder. Currently i am managing it with Ripit4Me is working with Wine. Does anybody know that how to run Rebuilder on Linux?
    Last edited by Psykiller; 02-05-2010 at 03:41 AM.

Re: DVD Rebuilder not running on Linux in Wine

Thank god i have got at least one user which has exactly same problem as i am facing on my Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy. Actually even i want to use the DVD Rebuilder on my this ubuntu system as i am very much familiar with the rebuilder. I just do not want to use some other encoders but i know that there would be many encoders which can work with this operating system but at the end i have to learn first that how those encoders works.
    Last edited by Eric B; 02-05-2010 at 03:47 AM.

In order to run DVD Rebuilder on your Wine system, You have to copy some of the DLL files into your system folder as follows.
    mfc42.dll, msvcp60.dll, advpack.dll, asycfilt.dll, comcat.dll, msvbvn60.dll, oleaut32.dll, olepro32.dll, stdole2.tlb.
    All of these need to be placed into the .wine\drive_c\windows\system32 folder

I am trying to run the dvdrebuilder on my Wine system but i guess it is not working and never it is going to be. Actually it is getting installed without any problem but when i try to run it then nothing happens. I have tried copying all those DDLs which you have provided but even that did not worked for me. Actually some of the files were there already which i did not replaced.

I guess you should have replaced those files with the new one, Actually there would be many files in the system folder which would be repeated and these duplicate files must be affecting each other in some or other ways. You should have replaced those files which makes only single copy of the DLL in the system folder and i guess it works just fine.

I have seen the same issue and i have even tried it by copying the DDL files which you have told to copy in our Wine's system folder, I have got the problem in loading an OLEAUT32.dll file. If anybody has the similar problem then you should just copy the same file from your Windows and then see that if it works or not.

Does any body there who is not getting any errors for missing DLLs so i think i have solved your problem. You just have to run it in the command line where you would be having an all the error messages regarding the DLLs.
    $HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/whatever and run it from there then wine dvdrebuilder.exe or whatever it is called.