Thread: Xbox 360 Now Supports Flash Drives

Xbox 360 Now Supports Flash Drives

I have heard that for supporting the new functionality, Microsoft has collaborated with SanDisk to for creating 360-branded 8 and 16GB flash drives that will be going to release in the month of May. If it is true then it is a good idea for those who could not go for a 360 Elite. I do not know what I would do without the 120GB HD.
    I wonder if the Flash HDDs generate less heat. If anybody has further information whether Xbox 360 Supports Flash Drives then please reply.

Re: Xbox 360 Now Supports Flash Drives

Now Xbox 360 users can find free update on Xbox Live that let their flash drives to be used in the similar way as the Xbox 360 hard disk. Before, users was only able to read media files from flash drives. But, now this update will let the user to store game content, saves, downloadable content onto the drives. This extend the storage capacity of their Xbox 360 and there is no need to buy the official hard disk.

Yes, you can use two flash drives, each of a maximum 16Gigabytes, can be used, and providing an extra 32Gigabytes maximum. Most flash drives will be well-suited, however, Microsoft is partnering with SanDisk for selling official Xbox 360 flash drives.

Playstation 3 users have always been free to upgrade the Playstation 3 built-in hard disk with their own much larger capacity drives, all without needing to open up the Playstation 3 or voiding the warranty or guarantee.

For configuring a USB flash drive, the console require to have the latest update that can be purchased through Xbox Live, Microsoft said. Instructions for upgrading the console are given on the support site of Microsoft site.
    SanDisk has already started taking the orders for the previously configured Xbox 360 branded flash drive that will comprise of the update.

This 16Gigabyte comes at the approximate price of US$69.99, and the 8Gigabyte comes for $34.99. Shipping of this drives will start from 5 May.

Using this player can download everything, including full games, on the memory stick for best and fast loading as well as save game transfer without using any proprietary memory.

But, there are a some minor hitches though. One important thing to notice that no flash card over 16Giga byte is recognizable. But you can use, up to two flash cards at the same time.

My previous Xbox 360 was sent in a coffin back to Microsoft. since, it was not possible to repair that and got the new replacement Xbox 360, and that one lasted more than a year. Like my previous one, I sent it back to Microsoft.
    I made the decision not to mod my Xbox 360 because I am too much paranoid about losing my XBL account for a next time.

For connecting to Xbox LIVE and download updates you have to follow these steps:
    1. First you have to connect your Xbox 360 console to the Internet.
    2. Now on the console, go to My Xbox, and then you have to select System Settings.
    3. After that Select Network Settings.
    4. Then Select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.
    5. If you are prompted to install the new console software, you have to select Yes, and then update now.