Thread: "No Video Stream Found" in VirtualDub

"No Video Stream Found" in VirtualDub

I am using Windows 7 operating system with 6 GB RAM and Corei7 processor. I have captured some videos with the help of my digital camera. It creates AVI files and when I try to open the same, I am getting the message saying that "No Video Stream Found" in VirtualDub. I suppose that this problem is only with VirtualDub. I have tried opening the same in Windows Media Player and there are no issues with it. The file opens properly.
    Please help me with the information as to what is wrong with VirtualDub.

Re: "No Video Stream Found" in VirtualDub

According to me, the main problem of the message of "No Video Stream Found" in VirtualDub is the Windows 7 operating system. There is a need to check if VirtualDub is compatible with Windows 7 or not. Is this problem faced only with the AVI files or all the files? Anyways, run the tool called the hardware and software evaluation wizard. If VirtualDub is listed among the incompatibilities of the system, then this is the main cause of the situation.

I suppose that AVI files are not supported by VirtualDub because of which it is giving the "No Video Stream Found" error. As you have mentioned that these files works fine in Windows Media Player, you will have to use the same player to run such files. When such problems occur, it is better if you use alternatives, rather than looking for the solutions to get rid of the error.

The message of "No Video Stream Found" in VirtualDub is being encountered because the version of VirtualDub may be old. I suggest you to use the latest version of this software, as almost all the files will be supported by this software and it will be compatible with the Windows 7 operating system too. This is so because all the new applications and programs are seen to work fine with Windows 7.
    Wish you all the best...!!!!

Hello there,
    If the problem of "No Video Stream Found" in VirtualDub is because of some conflicts between the file format and the software, then simply convert the file format to a compatible one with VirtualDub. I recommend to use Total Video Converter for this purpose. This is the best converter available, as far as I know and you can do the conversion very easily and with speed.

Inorder to solve the problem of the "No Video Stream Found" in VirtualDub with Windows 7, I suggest you to play the files in the compatibility mode. This can be done with the help of the option of troubleshoot compatibility. You will have to use the recommended settings that are provided there. I hope that your problem will be solved after that.

If the problem of "No Video Stream Found" in VirtualDub is being faced because of the conflicts or incompatibility issues with the Windows 7 operating system, then you just have to get the compatibility tool for this particular software, that is VirtualDub. You will have to install this tool before VirtualDub is installed. So, if VirtualDub is previously installed, then remove the same first.