Thread: Uni project DVD to MOV conversion

Uni project DVD to MOV conversion

I am searching for the software for converting a clip of DVD into a QuickTime MOV file. I need this because I have submit my assignment and it has to be in the MOV format.
    I need to convert DVD to MOV format without converting the DVD file to Dvix and then converting it to MOV since it decreases the quality of the movie.

I do not know whether it is possible to directly convert the DVD to MOV format but I need to know this.
    Any help for Uni project DVD to MOV conversion will be greatfull
    Thanks.

Re: Uni project DVD to MOV conversion

You can try to use DVD’s AVI programs and after that you can use the AVI for converting it to MOV this step will maintain the quality of the clip which you want to convert.
    I know that the project for the UNI requires to be in the MOV format since they are using MAC operating system.
    Well I do not know about the other programs, which can do this task of converting DVD’s to MOV file directly.
    If you require any further then you can reply back.

I will suggest you to user DVD Ripper for Mac - Rip DVD to MOV Mac.
    Here are the steps given below for using this software

Step 1: First you have to Load your DVD

After that launch the software, insert the DVD, and after that click the "Add" button for loading DVD disc.

Step 2: After that you have choose the MOV format from Profile list

You have to select the MOV profile in "Common Video" classification that is in the "Profile" drop-down list.

Step 3: Last and the final step is start DVD to MOV converting

Now you just require to click "Convert" button that is on the toolbar for starting the task.

I was also facing the similar problem for converting the DVD to QuickTime format. I need that because I want to place the link on my website so that the viewers on my site can view the clip. But now I got the solution for that.

There are number of shareware present that can do this task very easily but you have to make sure that DVD’s you want to convert must not be copy righted.

The best software for doing this task of converting DVD to MOV is OJOSoft DVD Ripper.
    It is an easy-to-use DVD MOV Converter to convert DVD files to MOV. With all popular codec built in, it can convert DVD movies to all popular video/audio formats like AVI, MP4, 3GP, MPEG, WMV, MPG, FLV, MP3, M4A, WMA, WAV etc. with super fast speed and high quality.
    OJOSoft DVD Ripper also presets many parameters for your portable player. You can easily convert DVD to your iPod, PSP, Zune etc. With OJOSoft DVD Ripper you can enjoy your DVD movies on your PCs and portable devices anytime and anywhere without DVD discs. Free to try and when you buy it you can always get free technical support and upgrade.

I was also trying to convert MOV file which I have created using the Kodak camera. I need to convert that to AVI format. For doing this I have downloaded the RAD-Bink software. You can download this software from its official site. It has converted my MOV file to AVI format very quickly.

But there is small problem with this software that when you try to play it on window media player then it goes really very slow. Other then this everything is fine. I will not suggest you to use this RAD-Bink software but the final choice is yours.

RAD-Bink software is really cool except that it is costly compared to the other converting software. But it is worth to buy software, I am having some students who are working on their school project and they have created the MOV file using KODAK camera and then I have converted the file to the desired format using this software. One more thing I am not facing any problem of playing the video file in windows media player.