Thread: DVD Video VOB file chapter edit chapter error

DVD Video VOB file chapter edit chapter error

Hello everyone, I am facing a weird problem with the DVD, that I have bought recently. The problem is about the DVD Video VOB file chapter edit chapter error. The situation that is being faced is that when I am starting the DVD to play, the first chapter plays properly. So, does it with the second chapter too. Now, when the third chapter should be played, the disc jumps to the main menu, instead of playing the movie. My computer is running Windows Vista and the player is PowerDVD. I am not able to understand why this is happening. Kindly help me to eradicate this situation.

Re: DVD Video VOB file chapter edit chapter error

I suppose that there has been some problem while the DVD was copied and this is why DVD Video VOB file chapter edit chapter error is encountered. I guess that this is a pirated disc. There is no need to worry because you just have to go to the main menu manually and start the third chapter. To avoid such issues, it is recommended to avoid pirated discs.

Hello again, actually I have burned, that is authored this disc. The disc was a pirated one and I burned it onto a new disc. I have made certain changes in the settings of the menus and the chapters of the disc. I think that this is the reason that is causing the DVD Video VOB file chapter edit chapter error. Is there any method that will help to bring the disc back to the original type? I am waiting for suitable replies.

You will have to look out for some technique that will help you to edit the VOBs of the DVDs so that the DVD Video VOB file chapter edit chapter error can be eradicated. According to me, it will help you to let the disc play continuously, that is chapter-by-chapter, instead of going to the main menu. I am not aware of how to go about editing the VOBs, so cannot provide you the same. I hope that the web will prove to be of some help to you in this case.
    All the best!!!!

As mentioned in the above post, there is no method that can be used to edit the VOB files. Inorder to get rid of the DVD Video VOB file chapter edit chapter error, you will have to edit the IFO files. This is done by professionals and I do not think that you can work out with it. You may be having the main copy of the disc. So, copy the same disc and this time remember that you do not change any of the settings of the VOBs or the DVD.

Some error is causing the movie to be stopped at the second chapter and thus, it is automatically jumping to the main menu of the DVD. There is no solution like editing the VOB files. The chapters must be played continuously if there are no problems with the DVD, then you must be able to play them one after the other. The only solution is that you will have to play them manually.

I would support the view of Macarenas to go for the help from professionals. I had a similar problem like the DVD Video VOB file chapter edit chapter error. The professionals fixed the problem for me. I did not have to worry a bit. There is just a little money involved. You just have to worry about paying them. The cost is not that much high too.