Thread: XviD (VirtualDub) error -100

XviD (VirtualDub) error -100

I perform the ripping of a DVD movie using SmartRipper 2.41, generated a project with DVD2AVI 1.76 and received a .avi file with VFAP plugin. When I started to zip the .avi file, VirtualDub displaying me a error message that code is -100 and suggest me that the file maybe corrupted. But only in two pass mode.

Thank you very much ..

Hi Zangali,

There is very simple method for this situation and I would like to share it with youy. Would you like to follow my suggestions . You need to go for the operating and Performing Deinterlacing before anything else For example Deinterlace => Null Transform => Resize.

Thank you very much !!!!!

If you are going to load an AVI file into VirtualDub's hex editor, the Show RIFF Tree (Ctrl+R) command will show you the RIFF tree for the file.

The AVI is not very complex file format, and commonly it is very simple to write. So it is not surprising that a number of software's support it. Often AVI gets a number of flak for not supporting a lot of latest video storage functionality like subtitles, timestamps, and more complex frame dependencies. one thing should be remembered , however, complexity has a cost, and not every file format has to, or should, support everything.

Hello ,

The first post that is posted earlier is not sufficient to know more about this complexity but you know it is much helpful.

I have a file as Lord.of.the.Rings.Two.TowersCD1, encoded com XviD, it contains some glitches at some points of the movie, some frames in special.When I try to play it, it freezes the video but the sound is coming well and when those parts of movie come. Try to destroy those corrupted frames and then perform it again or you need to use a utility such as DivFix to fix the the freezing frames. I have done it earlier and it performed well, the movie plays smooth and doesn't crash anymore!

The AVI files, there are a number of bugs that can be made in creating or transferring AVI files, and VirtualDub uses to be tolerant. Here are some of the issues that I have got before and that are as follows -

• Misaligned or broken data chunks:
    • Bad RIFF size
    • Old header fields:
    • Wild headers
    • Junk at the end of the file
    • Absolute vs. relative index
    • Missing or truncated index
    • Damaged chunks in 'movi' LIST chunk

You need to check this disabilities and go ahead to solve the issues ..

Hello,

I think, you need to go for the re-installation of the software and that is the only way to solve your issues and performing the re-installation of the software, you have to configure every option that should be configured for removing upcoming errors, and if you have more confusions regrading the same then you need to go for the official site of this software.....