Thread: Windows Media Player 12 is Corrupted .. Help

Windows Media Player 12 is Corrupted .. Help

Windows media player that includes my lap with Windows 7 has stopped working. The program does not open from any shortcut or from the Start menu. I think that the Windows Media Player 12 is Corrupted. So thought that you guys should be knowing solutions for this. Also I wanted to add codecs with Windows Media Player to see when the install DVD and still saw no DVD, after uninstalling it and when I decided to uninstall the codecs, the player said playing, but the track does not progress, I want to know if there is any solution for this. Please help me soon.!!

Re: Windows Media Player 12 is Corrupted .. Help

This error may be due to one of the following causes :
    • The file is corrupt
    • The multimedia format (audio or video) is not supported by Windows Media Player or the necessary codec is not installed
    • Windows Media Player is corrupted

So you can find an appropriate solutions to overcome these issues. Mainly you will have to upgrade the version or download the Windows Media Player from an Internet.

The solutions may include the following steps :
    • Check that the file format is supported by Windows Media Player. For information, here is the list of formats supported natively by the Media Player:
      • Windows Media formats: . asf , . asx , . avi , . wav ,. wax, . wma ,. wm, . wmv
      • MPEG (Moving Pictures Experts Group): m3u , mp2v, . mpg ,. mpeg,. m1v,. mp2, . mp3 , . mpa ,. mpe, mpv2
      • Formats MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) . mid , twelve o'clock . rmi
      • UNIX File formats: . at , . snd
    • Try a file with the same extension
    • Reinstall Windows Media Player

To enable Windows Media Player, you must go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on or off (left pane) -> deploy multimedia features and check the sub-topics. F or uninstall or reinstall Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center, which will be removed along with WMP because it relies on the following steps :
    1. Open the "Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features".
    2. Click on "Enable or disable features" in the right pane.
    3. Expand the folder "Media Futures".
    4. Disable (uncheck) the checkbox for Windows Media Player.
    5. Click "Yes" when prompted to continue with the dialog box that appears.
    6. Restart the computer.

Thanks for trying me to Help.!! But still the problem is persisting. When I turn the WMP12, the files appear in Program Files. And then it disappeared before my eyes. I re-enabled WMP12 and I rushed to the file when it appeared I had setup which did has not worked and I started the WMP.exec everything was reattached. Then I clicked on some error message, but everything is still in place and now it seems to work. I do not understand absolutely nothing. Please provide me some more help.

If repair by two six listed do not work, then it should perhaps consider re-installing Windows 7 upgrades, that is to say, without loss of data or software. Indeed, WMP is an integral part of Windows 7, and this feature, to my knowledge, can be re-installed separately. A re-installation might indeed solve your problems. You can also always try sfc / scannow to repair system files :
    Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right-click Command Prompt -> Run as administrator -> you will have to type
    sfc_ / scannow
    _ Being a space
    You let him do the analysis.
    In the final analysis, a message will tell you if corrupted files were repaired.