Thread: Burn MP4 to DVD with Nero

Burn MP4 to DVD with Nero

My brother sent me some MP4 videos that I need to burn onto the DVD disk. I don't know how to do in case of MP4, how the file has been created but I am suffering with some issues with them. First when I try to play them in WMP it occurred the message as the file extension does not match the encoding and it will play sound but not video. If I am going to open the files in VLC then they play it properly and it tells me that the Stream 0 is video using an avc1 codec and Stream 1 is Audio using mp4a codec.

When I try to burn a DVD with the help of Nero Express 6 and choose one of these files, it occurs the error message stating "Filex.mp4 does not contain any video information". What should be happened in such situation..????

Yeah why not, they will be burned as DATA, there are so many still use CD's, after you convert. If your player is MP4 compatible. That usually indicates that DivX (XviD usually perform also), does it have a DivX logo? Nero's MP4's are not compatible by too many players.

Burning your needed MP4 file onto a DVD is a better method to create copies of it in a compact storage from while still retaining its high quality. Whether it is a small documentary or the captured video by your brother relates to your latest family vacation, burning your MP4 video into a DVD will help keep those memories for years to come. However, you will require some specific equipment in order to place those MP4 videos of yours into a DVD which are as follows -

Materials Needed:
    • DVD burner
    • DVD burning software
    • blank DVD

There are some steps that you need to follow to write the MP4 files on the DVD disc, follow the instruction with six steps -

Step 1

Before going to burn your MP4 into a DVD, your PC must first have a DVD burner. You also requires to have DVD burner program installed on the PC in order for it to work. Disc burning software applications like Nero Burning ROM and Roxio are usually packaged with DVD burners, but you can also buy one at computer stores or download free burning software's online. In addition, you will also requires a couple of blank DVDs. These resemble ordinary CDs but have bright blue or violet undersides and have the DVD logo imprinted on them.

Step 2

Once you have the necessary needs, press the Eject button on the DVD burner and put the DVD on the Drive's tray. Before going that just be sure that the DVD is placed evenly on the tray to restrict it from getting snagged on the burner’s closing technique.

Step 3

Once the blank DVD has been inserted into the DVD burner, the PC will indicate you to open the DVD burning program. If this does not going on then open the program with manual procedure.
    Last edited by JonathanD; 29-04-2010 at 05:48 AM.

Step 4

You have two different choices for burning your MP4 into your DVD. You can keep it either as a data DVD or a DVD Video. As a data DVD, your MP4 will be burned onto the disc as it is, allowing you to copy it in different PC or edit it with a digital video editing software. If you select to burn it as a DVD Video, your MP4 will be converted into a format that allows it to be played on standard DVD players. You can also get it on a PC with DVD playback program, but you will no longer be able to copy or edit the video on the disc.

Step 5

Once you have chosen your disc burning options, you need to add the MP4 file that you desired to be burned onto the disc. You can either drag and drop the MP4 file onto the disc burning software’s interface or use a browser available by the software. When you have selected the MP4 files you desired to burn, click on the Burn button.

Step 6

Just keep on wait for a some minutes for the disc burning to be committed. The time duration of the burning process can last for a few minutes to half an hour based on the PC performance and the size of the MP4 that is being burned onto the disc. Once it gets completed, the DVD burner will automatically eject the burned DVD.