Thread: Corrupt MPEG 4 on Windows Media Player and Divx Player

Corrupt MPEG 4 on Windows Media Player and Divx Player

Hello everyone, when I try to run the MPEG 4 files in my system, it seems that there are corrupt MPEG 4 on Windows Media Player and Divx Player. Actually, I am getting an error message saying that Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play. I am not able to understand what is the problem happening. So, please help me with suitable suggestions to get rid of this issue.

Proper codecs

Hello there, I think that your system is not installed with the proper codecs, that is resulting in the problem of corrupt MPEG 4 on Windows Media Player and Divx Player. So, search the internet for the correct codecs, that are required for playing these MPEG 4 files.

Wish you all the best.......Just let me know if the problem is solved after that or not.

Re: Corrupt MPEG 4 on Windows Media Player and Divx Player

I suppose that the problem about the corrupt MPEG 4 on Windows Media Player and Divx Player has been solved on our forums already. So, there is no need to worry. Here, have a glance at the following thread, for the solution on this issue:
    Windows media Player won't play MPEGs.
    I hope that you get the probable solutions for the particular problem.

I had a look at the thread that is mentioned in the above post because I am facing was facing the same problem about the corrupt MPEG 4 on Windows Media Player and Divx Player. I found out that such file formats are infact, not supported by the Windows Media Player. So, simply get any other player that will help you to play such file formats. I suggest you to go with the VLC Media Player because all the file formats are supported by it.

If the you are encountering the issues of the corrupt MPEG 4 on Windows Media Player and Divx Player, then there is a simple solution that can be used other than looking for a different player. The solution is that you should simply convert the MPEG 4 file to the formats that run fine in the Windows Media Player. It is recommended that you should use Total Video Converter for this purpose.