Thread: Burn .AVI to DVD

Burn .AVI to DVD

I want to burn a movie to a dvd but the problem is that this movie is in the .avi format. Is it possible to burn a .avi file to a dvd. Also tell me how to get this to work. are you familiar with any program which will help me in this matter. Please suggest a suitable burner application. I will be very thankful to you.

Re: Burn .AVI to DVD

I would suggest you to use the NERO BURNING ROM application for this
    When it comes to burning, accept nothing less than the industry’s best. Award-winning Nero Burning ROM burns and copies CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray Discs with superb content quality, and uses SecurDisc technology to ensure that burned content remains readable, regardless of scratches, age or deterioration.

You can use the cheetah burner for this it also Burn Blu-Ray, Dual Layer DVD, DVD and CDs. Burn Audio CDs from AVI, WMA, and WAV files. Also create ISO files, burn Bin/Cue files, and Burn Video DVDs. Supports DAO and TAO burning modes for all disc types. The Cheetah DVD Burner is a lite, and fast disc burning program that is easy on the system resources.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I would recommend you to download and install the ConvertXtoDVD on your system for this since this apppication will definitely help you to create your dvd you do not need any external codecs like the avi codec. you can also Create DVD menus with different templates available, possibility to add background video, image or audio, have chapter and audio/subtitle menus

For burning an avi file to a dvd the Nero burning rom application is one of the best application since it provides support to almost all the formats of media files. You can also use the Cheetah DVD Maker application for achieving the same objective. There is an image queue system for when you're burning several images .