Thread: Can VLC Media Player play bluray files / Blu-Ray movies

Can VLC Media Player play bluray files / Blu-Ray movies

I was trying to play a high definition video in the VLC Media player and there was an error message, that is it was refusing to play the same. So, I want to know that can VLC Media Player play bluray files / Blu-Ray movies? If it can be, then can it be used by the the HD movie files? If it is not possible, then please suggest me any player that will help for the same. All possible replies and comments on this topic are very much appreciated.

Re: Can VLC Media Player play bluray files / Blu-Ray movies

I am using VLC media player, myself and so, I can assure you that it can play bluray files / Blu-Ray movies. I am not quite sure about the HD movies, but if a player can play bluray files, then HD files will also be supported by the same. I think that you are using an older version of the Video Lan Player and hence, you are getting the error messages. So, do the updation of the current version or get the latest version to solve the problem.

Hello there, VLC Media Player can play bluray files / Blu-Ray movies. But, it does not support the HD DVD formats. Only the following file formats are supported by this player:
    1. TS
    2. M2TS
    3. MKV

So, I guess that you will have to search for some other software, that is a player, that will help you to play the HD DVDs file formats. There are many complements available in the market. So, search for it on the internet.

I am using Cyberlink PowerDVD and thus, I know that it is very much better than VLC Media Player. If you can get this player, then you can stop worrying that if VLC Media Player can play bluray files / Blu-Ray movies or not. Make sure that you get the latest version of PowerDVD, so that you can get all the features as well as almost all the files, including the HD DVD files are supported by it.

I am not able to understand why some people are having issues with the VLC Media Player not playing bluray files / Blu-Ray movies. I am using this VLC player and I am able to run almost all the video files in my system. Infact, I use the same for playing the audio files too. I just have a plug-in installed, that helps to boost the audio and thus, I feel that this is the best player available.

First, you need remove MKB V17, AACS and BD+ encryptions from Blu-ray Discs.

I recommend you Media Player Classic Homecinema(MPC)

How do you remove encryption files?

If you wanted to remove the encryption from the Blu-Ray disc then you have to use third party application which will make the same changes for your. The one which i know about is known as the "Blu-ray Decrypter". This is an open Source program which you can easily download from the Google Search. So if you can then go with the same and see whether this is working for you or not.