Thread: Unable to open .bkf files in Windows 7 that were created in Windows XP

Unable to open .bkf files in Windows 7 that were created in Windows XP

I have been making use of the Windows XP since long and the functioning of the files that are present in the Windows XP are the best but I have been making the use of it since long. So now I have just installed the new operating system called the Windows 7 in it. I have taken the back-up of the files that were used by me in the Windows XP and also it is that I have just created it in the Windows XP. And also the fact is that the files are unable to be opened by me. Please help me out the issues that are being faced by me in the system of the Windows 7 that is being used by me in the current computer system.

Re: Unable to open .bkf files in Windows 7 that were created in Windows XP

For the restoration process you have to follow the steps that are just given by me below:
    1. At the start you have access the computer system that you are just making use of and then you have to restore all the image files by just logging in to the system of the Windows XP.
    2. And also it is that you don’t have to wait for the NT back-ups that are being used for the restoration of the Windows 7.
    3. And also it is that you can just see the NT back-ups that are called as the executable back-ups that can be used for the Windows Vista and also for the Windows 7 to.
    4. There are two kinds of the DLL that are being used so you have to make use of those DLL’s for the files that you are just asking use of.

See that whether it works for you or not.

And also it is that if you are making use of the .BKF files then you have to follow the steps that are specifically being used for the files that are present in the NT back-up:
    1. You have to download the nt5backup.cab from the option of the Plug-in, and also the use of the various files for it.
    2. After that you can just extract the files that are present inside the cabinet that you are just asking use of and also it is that you can just, see that the files of the NetBackup files is being used for all this things.
    3. After that you have to run the files of the NTBackup.exe that can be used for the Removable storage services of the files that are being used for the Windows 7.
    4. And after that you will just get the details of the files and you just have to just do next for the corresponding files that you are just going to make use of.

See that whether it works for you or not.

The other option is that you can just make use of the MS Backup Reader that is being used for the reading of the files of the BKF files and also the fact is that the reading of the files can be done out easily when you are just making use of it. And also it is that you can just make use of the SysTools that are being used for the reading of the files of the BKF files and also the details of the other files for the similar kind of the purpose also.

The use of the files that are being created by making use of the BKF file is that you have to check the system that has being used for the files of the system and also for the check up of all the files that has been used for the recovery of the files and also for the setting of the various applications that is present in the system that you are just making use of. You don’t require any special kind of the skills and just the normal settings can help you out and also it is that you can just see that how the working of the files are being done in the Windows 7 that you are just making use of.

Laren Guest

Post Re: Unable to open .bkf files in Windows 7 that were created in Windows XP

To overcome the first situation, you need to enable NTBackup Restore Utility feature. This can be done by following the underwritten steps:
    Open Programs by selecting Start | Control Panel | Programs.
    Click Turn Windows Features on or off.
    Provide the password, if prompted.
    Select the Removable Storage Management check box.
    Click OK.

I hope it will work.