Thread: AVI to DVD, best quality program

AVI to DVD, best quality program

Hi,

I am a home based user and Like to made some operation on the conversion of the files and I need your help, I would like to convert AVI to DVD, before that I have used win AVI and dvd flick. When I playback the burnt DVD files I am getting a little flicker after every two seconds or as. It is more noticeable with win AVI and min with DVD flick but still noticeable,Which program converts the AVI file the good in the consideration of quality?

As if you are going to search the software then you can find a lot of software are available on the internet that you require. Number of software's are available as free downloading or some of them are available at pay. And if you want to go for the best converter then you should move to the DVD Santa because I am also one of the user of the software.

Hello dude,

As you got there are so many software's are available on the internet but obviously I will suggest only those software's and it is fact that not only me, Every users who is using the converter for this procedure will suggest you the exact that you are using currently. And if you want to know my ideas then i would suggest you to go for the ConvertXtoDVD or a better method would be to buy a player that will play AVI's.

Thanks for your suggestions and choices that you provide me and thanks for the best replies. I am aware about the software's that you all suggested me to download but I got another option that is suggested by sam at the end of the post that is actually, I should go for the player that can play the AVI files then after I need not to go for another converter. I can do the same but if you have another options then don't ignore me to post.

There are several methods to convert avi to dvd. ConvertXtoDVD is a famous option around here, as you have seen, but I would not say it is the "best" quality. There may not even be a "best" fix since avi files come in several varieties and the mpeg encoders vary a bit in what kind of conversions they excel at. Some are good at very minimum bit-rate conversions, for example

If you need to go for another choice then look at a software named as FAVC. Use the HC encoder that comes with it. You will also require Net 2.0 and AviSynth installed, but there are links to those at the FAVC site. It is more complex than ConvertXtoDVD, but HC is a good encoder overall in my opinion. The other good section is that FAVC is free, and ConvertXtoDVD is not.