Thread: Converting AVI, MPEG, DIVX to DVD VOB files

Converting AVI, MPEG, DIVX to DVD VOB files

Hello everyone, I am searching for a software that will help me for converting AVI, MPEG, DIVX to DVD VOB files. This is because when I try to burn any of the file formats, that is AVI, MPEG, DIVX, I get a message saying that the files must be of the DVD VOB formats for burning. I use the default Windows burner for writing on to the discs. My computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate operating system.

Re: Converting AVI, MPEG, DIVX to DVD VOB files

You are facing the particular issue because you are using the built-in burner that is provided by Windows itself. My suggestion is to use Nero Vision for converting AVI, MPEG, DIVX to DVD VOB files. When the DVDs are burnt with the help of this software, it is able to recognize the files and if they are not of DVD or VOB files, then the particular files will be made, that will do the required conversion and the files will be burnt onto the DVDs.

Nero version is a very good software that will help you for converting AVI, MPEG, DIVX to DVD VOB files. Since, you are using the Windows 7 operating system, make sure that the version of Nero that you will be using with your system is compatible with Windows 7. The older versions can conflict with the operating system. I suppose that Nero 8 and Nero 9 will work fine. But, Nero 9 is very slow, so it is suggested that you go with Nero 8.

Hello there,
    According to me, Nero is a very complicated burner software for converting AVI, MPEG, DIVX to DVD VOB files. There is a software called Neodvd, that has been released by Mediostream. I can assure you that this is the simplest software for the required conversion as I am using the same. hence, I know that it is perfect for your case.
    All the best......

There are many burners and softwares available in the market for converting AVI, MPEG, DIVX to DVD VOB files. But, as far as I have seen that most of the users go with Nero Vision and hence, I will also recommend you the same. Try using the same and let me know if you are facing any problems while using the same. I will guide you with the conversion, if required.