Thread: How to create disk image by DriveImage XML

How to create disk image by DriveImage XML

Hi,
    I had download DriveImage XML tool for creating a restoration disc for my system. I was using Ghost before but after some time the cd does not restore the software properly. I want a much effective tool which can offer me subsequent restoration at the time when my system went down. What are the features of DriveImage XML and how to use the same.

Re: How to create disk image by DriveImage XML

DriveImage XML is a tool for creating images of a hard disk or partition. This method is known by the name of Ghost . Unlike conventional backup that only handles files on the disc, creating an image file saves the entire disc, i.e. system files, data, programs. This may allow the subsequent restoration of the image if necessary. Be careful, restoring a disk image overwrite all programs and all data that could be created after creating the image.

In DriveImage XML the goal is to create a disk image over the clean installation as possible, it is strongly advised to prepare their source partition, for this you can wipe the entire disk, run Ccleaner, scan disk to fix bad sectors, defragment disk and then optimize windows. Beware, it is impossible to restore a partition that is used to start Windows.

You must use a recovery CD for this. Download and run DriveImage XML tool and then follow the screen wizard. The first option image disc or backup creates an image file. To start the backup click on the button backup and then select the source partition to process and then click Next. So that becomes much easier to perform a backup. It works similar like Ghost.

You can also store the image location on a particular place. Like when you create a image backup then you can choose the destination folder of the image. Name the file and then set options for it. If you select Raw mode (RAW mode), DriveImage XML creates an image of your drive sector by sector, ie from all sectors of your drive, even those who are not used. In the opposite case only the data found on the drives will be saved in the image file

In addition this the Live CD which you create supports your local network i.e.internet connection enabling when the PC is not working properly or crashed. You can start in 32-bit and administer your machine. The advantage is that PE Builder can add the bootable CD or USB, many utilities necessary for troubleshooting and system maintenance.

Before installation you will need to have a plugin called DriveImage XML allows restoring disk images. As part of a restoration of an image Ghost of a system partition, Part PE Builder correlated with Drive Image XML becomes necessary because it is impossible to restore a disk image of a partition on which it has just started. Hence the usefulness install the plugin Drive Image XML.