Thread: Unable to play .flv files with vlc player

Unable to play .flv files with vlc player

I have a personal computer which runs on windows Vista. Recently i was surfing on the internet and downloaded some of the media files which are in the format of .flv files, that i know that it can be played with the help of the VLC player which i already have on my computer. But there was a problem, i was not able to play these files with VLC player. These files are stored on the hard drive on my computer. I have also tried with the Real Player and Windows Media Player, but no success. Please help me..

Re: Unable to play .flv files with vlc player

As you have said that you are not ablet to play .flv video files with the flv player, then i think you need to check out with the player by un-installing it from your computer and also if you can then just check out for the update for this player. When you have un-installed it from your computer, it think you need to check out with re-installing the player again and then try to play the video files. This time it should play the videos.

If the video file is not playable then i think you need to have the flv player installed on your computer. This player can play the video without any of the problem. To have it you need to go on the google search and from there you can have the latest and the updated version of flv player for your computer whcih can play these .flv files without any of the problem.

Hello, It may be possible that you have disabled the option for the FLV files from your VLC Player and that is why you are getting such kind of problem. So, just check in your VLC options whether you have disabled something or not. It may be possible that the flv files are disabled and due to that you are getting the problem while playing that. So, just make use of that and then you will able to get solved for your problem. Just check that and enable that.

There are certain other problem by which you cannot play the videos. I have noticed that there are most of the video files on the internet which are not playable with the media player, as they are corrupted files. So i think you need to check out with the video files which you have downloaded it from the internet. I think the video files may be corrupted and they cannot be played on any of the media files. Just check it out by playing it on the flv player.

kelvincrispy Guest

Actually for this there are many solutions but not confident which will work,
    First of all check your VLC options whether you have .flv format disabled or not- If this is fine then Check your older files which have .flv format, are running or not- If this works then sure your recently downloaded files are corrupted.
    Try to covert them in other formats.. Media Player Classic does technically support FLV4 video streams
    Try this and hope your problem will get solved..

If you are not able to play .flv files on vlc player then i think you need to convert these video format to the appropriate format which can be played on all of the video player on your computer. If you search for the converter on google search, you can see that there are most of the converter software available for free. You can use iwisoft video converter which is that best video converter.

I think you need to check for the update for your vlc player that you have installed on your computer and also you need to check out on the internet to get the best supported media player for the videos that you are not able to play it with your current vlc player. But the first thing is to check for the vlc player update , as it is the best player that can play almost every video files.