Thread: iMovie 09 - rendering issues

iMovie 09 - rendering issues

Hi,
    I have a iMac with 1.5GB RAM support and Snow Leopard support. I have problem here related to iMovie HD rendering. I have some videos exported to iMovie with some global map support. When I export the movie and played the same in my system it shows a negative effect on the movie. It has exported properly now but the screen scenes are really bad. I had burned them on a DVD by iDVD and those maps are not render properly.

Re: iMovie 09 - rendering issues

I also have a similar issue on iMac where the movie quality is degraded to an extent after exporting the same. I have a Snow Leopard with 2 GB RAM and Intel Core 2 Duo support. I had tried to add some movies on a DVD exported from iMovie. There are some scenes which are badly converted and there is no good detailing on that. Does any one knows the reason behind this.

The best quality mode is supposed to provide a better result, but I found that sometimes the opposite and this is due to the encoding mode is done with variable flow. bizarrely, in the best quality mode you end up with a file size smaller than how best performance. It appears that the type of film, for example, landscape with sea mountains, some animated subjects, and movies with great detail. And as the HD did not exist at the time, nor iMovie HD, it would be best to test with you 2 modes in iDVD.

What I can say is that there is always a small degradation between the original format. The reason for this can be compression formats which is changed while exporting. In iDVD preferences, you have the choice between better quality and better performance. The difference between the two is that in in case we can start to encode the movie from the beginning of import to save time and also a method allows to keep a movie longer than the other way.

I have a small project to implement in iMovie HD 6.0.3, just photos ken burns effect in transition and fade between each photo, music behind a small theme. I had never used since I changed my machine, and I saw me an annoying problem, I have no RECORD. the red bar is dark red with each clip, and not the slightest sign of insulated handles record. I can not preview and I also can not add transitions, which can be added once the rendering done.

I am using iDVD for this. In this go to the Menu Project > project info and there you can select the media type single or double layer DVDs in the field Media Type. Then here you can export your project and save the image file for the same. iDVD will create a file that is an image of a DVD. Once the disk image you create cds out of it from Disk Utility. The advantage with this solution is that you can check the quality of your work before burning.