Thread: Play video without installation of media player

Play video without installation of media player

I wanted to know that is there any of the media player which can play .dat file, but it does not need to be installed on the computer. I don't have admin right so because of it i cannot install any of the media player on the computer. The computer has windows XP operating system and i wanted to know that how can i play this video files without any of the installation of any media player.

Re: Play video without installation of media player

If you want to play any of the media files which is related to the media player then i think you need to have a media player installed on you computer and that can help you to play this video. If the media player is not installed then you need to install it on a particular computer to play that video. AS far as i know that if you want to play any of the media file that should be played by the player which can support the format file.

There is a player which is called Windows Media Player which is installed by default in the computer when you install any of the operating system. You can use this media player evern if you don't have the rights of the admin. And also i know that there is no such portable version for media players. So if you want then you can check out with it and then you can play the file.

As you have said that you need to play a .dat file which you have on a computer and wanted to play it without installing any of themedia player on the computer, so if it is true that you can do one thing, you need to try to uploade your video file into the youtube's website and then you can use the online player to play the file which you want to watch it. So try this method, it may help you out.

If you want to watch your videos without the installation of any of the media player then i think you need to check for the online player which can be found out with most of the website who provides you to upload videos by registerring on their website. So check for one and then you can be able to se the video without the installation of media player.

You can also check out for the portable media player which can be downloaded and installed in any of the portable device or storage device and then after that you can connect it to the particular computer and then you can play that video with the help of the media player which is installed in the portable storage device. This can help you to playe the video without the installation of the media player on the computer.