Thread: MSIServer missing folder

MSIServer missing folder

Man I tried to remove and install a program and googled found this freaking file missing, anyone know how to put it back at MSIServer

HKey local mach
    System
    currentcontrolset
    service

Re: MSIServer missing folder

Your post is somewhat incomplete. Could you tell us what software had remove and reinstalled after which you are having this problem? Also from where you removed it and from where you have get it back? By that "googled found this freaking file missing", what do you actually?

I'm sorry, this has to do with Windows Installer, everytime I tried to load a new program off a cd it would give me a window installer service error come up, Msiexec.exe
    that file was missing first, so I installed a new window installer 4.5 for window XP, now I have the Msiexec.exe but found MSIServer folder completely missing? how do I download MSIServer back

May be your msiexec.exe is corrupted by virus. Check the msiexec.exe is located in the folder C:\Windows then the security rating is 21% dangerous. The program has a visible window. The process starts when Windows starts (see Registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell, HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Runonce, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run). msiexec.exe is not a Windows system file. All the best.

wow. you completly lost me. I got hit pretty hard with this virus, I can't remove programs from control panel. it keeps giving me a window installer not installed properly. I download MSIServer.Reg from some website and now I have the file again MSIServer but its still gives me this error I can't removed or install my new Blackberry Desktop Manager, Example

Hello, the problem you are getting is due to corrupt format of your Windows. If you are installing MSIServer and then also if you are getting the same error message then you must need to make use of the installing new Windows XP on your computer. Or you can simply try for the Repairing your Windows and then check whether the problem get solved or not. So, do that. I think this will solve your problem.