Thread: error with .pst, inbox repair tool??

error with .pst, inbox repair tool??

Hello everyone,
    This morning I open my Outlook box like every morning of creation
    and then savagely Microsoft Outlook crashes when I browse a folder in subfolder. When I tried to restart Outlook I got an error stating that :
    "Unable to display folder. Errors were detected in the file c: windowsoutlook.pst. Close all mail-enabled applications, then use the Repair Tool inbox".
    If someone is having solution please provide that to me.!!

Re: error with .pst, inbox repair tool??

Do you have a paid Hotmail account.?? Because there is also possibility that Microsoft blocks the use hotmail with all mail clients except Windows Live Mail. This is a file that is created when you request an export of your data Outlook. It is very useful as a backup: it allows you to then import this file for you reinstall or another. Otherwise try to reinstall the Microsoft Office the full version and I am sure that by reinstalling the software your issues will be fixed.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

If a user has decided its workstation and did not close Outlook, the PST file remains open. Backup Exec interprets as an open PST file corrupt (corrupt file). Here is a trick to prevent the backup job ended in error when it encounters a PST file open :
    1. Open Regedit
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Backup Exec \ Engine \ Backup
    3. Change the value of the key Fail jobs are Corrupt Files 1-0.
    4. Restart Backup Exec services.

Hope that it helps..
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500

Having a lot of research I can tell you that they almost always point to a problem with the file. Pst file that Outlook uses to store all your emails, contacts, calendars, etc. You see, Outlook stores everything you like in one big file (it's actually a database under the cover) that ends with a. pst file (the file is usually named "Outlook.pst"). And if something bad happens to it, Outlook can not open the file and give it a meaning, resulting in one of these error messages. So the solution for all can be the repairing the Outlook.

There are three possible ways to get operational again. First, see if you have a recent backup of your Outlook.pst file that you can restore. Second, try the tool compensation provided free by Microsoft called Scanpst. Unfortunately, Scanpst is rather weak and can not solve all the problems of corruption Outlook. There are so few third party tools on the market that others have a more extensive recovery and repair PST files. Search for "PST repair "and look for a tool that allows you to download a free trial version that you can run your own test file. And finally, it will probably not hurt to keep your fingers crossed.

I had the problem, I do not know why but my PST file has disappeared. So I create an empty text file in the directory C: \ Documents and Settings \ name> \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Outlook. I renamed this file Outlook.pst. I started Outlook, I still had the error once. I close Outlook, the file goes to 256 KB. I opened it again and it works. Hope that this will help you too.!!