Thread: Opening Outlook template files, Outlook crashes

Opening Outlook template files, Outlook crashes

Hello everybody,
    When I start Outlook, I can see the page appear normal with my lists of messages in my folder, but when I click on something, the hourglass appears, and then completed it is blocked. Also I have observed that Outlook crashes while opening template files of Outlook. I don't think that there is some problem with the Outlook because other things work perfectly fine. So give me some suggestions so that I can open the templates correctly.

Re: Opening Outlook template files, Outlook crashes

I think that there is something wrong with the Outlook files that's why you are getting problem while opening the templates that you create in Outlook. So I would like to suggest you to repair the Microsoft Outlook only instead of whole Microsoft Office. I think that you should open the templates after repairing an Outlook. If that is not working then try to reinstall the whole application. I am sure that if there are no virus in your system then it should work properly.
    Blessings to you

By setting policies, you can define and maintain a particular Office 2007 configuration on users' computers. Unlike other customizations, such as default settings that are distributed in a transform (also known as a. Mst), policies are reapplied every time a user logs on to the network. You can set policies that apply to the local computer (and all users of that computer) or that apply only to individual users. To set policies for equipment used in the Computer Configuration Group Policy snap. Per-computer is applied the first time any user logs on to the network from that computer. You set per user in User Configuration Group Policy snap. Per-user policies are applied when the specified user logs on to the network from any computer.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

To use a template from Office 2007, you must load the Group Policy snap-in Microsoft Management Console. The policy template files (files. Adm files) describe all the settings that you can set for Office. These. Adm used in conjunction with the Group Policy snap to implement directives to users' computers. You should also know that the Group Policy snap is included with Windows operating systems.

To install the policy templates for Office 2007, follow these steps :
    1. Navigate to the Web page policy template files and then click the link AdminTemplates_setup.exe.
    2. In the Download dialog box files, click Open.
    3. Click to accept the license agreement, and then click Next.
    4. In the Setup Type panel, click Typical Install, and then click Next.
    5. Click Install.
    6. Click OK when the installation is complete.

Remember that the policy templates for Office 2007 folder is located in the Path \ Windows \ Inf. Path is the drive containing the Windows folder. Windows is the name of the Windows folder.

To load an Office 2007 on the local computer policy, follow these steps :
    1. Click Start, click Run, type gpedit.msc in the Open box and click OK.
    2. Under User Configuration, right-click or right-click Administrative Templates, select All Tasks and click Add / Remove Templates.
    3. In the dialog box Add / Remove Templates, click Add.
    4. In the dialog box policy templates, click the staff of Office 2007 that you want to add, and then click Open.

Take a look at the installed fonts and make sure Helvetica is not installed. If it is remove Helvetica and your problem with Outlook should go away.