Thread: Break password-protected rar file?

Break password-protected rar file?

Hello everyone,
    Here's a small problem with WinRAR
    "I have a file. Rar archive protected by password
    "When we chill the file it asks the password, after entering the correct password, some files may no extraction
    Below the error:
    ! C: \ Documents and Settings \ Ablaze \ My Documents \ AfterEffects.rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file Adobe CS3 \ payloads \ AdobeAfterEffects8PresetsAll \ AdobeAfterEffects8PresetsAll1.cab (The password may be incorrect?)
    I want to break password-protected rar file?

Re: Break password-protected rar file?

The path and names are probably too long and loses Winrar pedals. Try to put the. Rar in the root of HD and only after starting decompression. Hope that by doing this it will work. And trying to extract only the file AdobeAfterEffects8PresetsAll1.cab, same problem? Otherwise looking at your error there are also chances that you are working with a corrupt archive.

Have you ever found with a RAR file which was password protected? Basically, there are two common ways to crack a password for any program: dictionary attack and force attack Gross. The first generates passwords by using lists of words in the dictionary, and it is simply trying all possible combination of characters. Obviously, the latter is more difficult and take longer. If the password is very complex and has no recognizable words in the dictionary in it, it might simply be impossible. However, it is always worth trying.

you can also try to use the Atomic RAR Password Recovery. The free trial allows you to recover passwords of less than 3 characters. If you have a password longer and the program is able to determine the password in full, you will see the first three characters followed by an asterisk (*). In this case, you can buy the program and it will expose all the characters. If it never shows the asterisks, which means he can not understand the password and you do not buy it.

Another good software for cracking into archive files like ZIP and RAR files are Advanced Archive Password Recovery. This is as much of this program is that it supports some of the latest encryption technologies such as encryption AES used in WinRAR. The program also supports archive files larger than 4 GB in size and includes the ability to pause and resume attacks.

There are two methods of attack available in Atomic RAR Password Recovery :
    • Brute-force attack (the program finds by the method of exhaustive search all possible combination of characters)
    • Dictionary (wordlist) attack (finds using passwords from special word lists)

And if you notice when you open the file in the option information> commentary itself has no written password?!! what I do on occasions where I usually spend this is search in Google the name of the file and also placed after the name: "pass or password", if I remember that I put too download server, so it's like eh found many Sometimes the correct password.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

Hui xiao Guest

RAR Password Recovery 5.0 can remove rar password easily.It works well

jamenice Guest
    Advanced dictionary attack, brute-force attack, and advanced brute-force with mask attack are used to recover the password.

Advanced dictionary attack, brute-force attack, and advanced brute-force with mask attack are used to recover the password. With RAR Password Recovery,All you need to do to recover your password is just to drag and drop your file to the program window. Dictionary attack supports 'mistypes' and additional user dictionaries.