Thread: Matrox Driver Issue

Matrox Driver Issue

Hello,
    I know that the old cards are compatible with this, but in regard to 3D accelerator cards, what is the policy regarding matrox linux driver? because the little there, I like it much myself, but that would still it is compatible linux and I can play under linux: So comes the question, which is the Linux driver for matrox cards? Can we expect a linux-compatible driver quickly and general rule is Would a new card is compatible with the xfree of time or not? Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Matrox Driver Issue

Hello,
    I do have a similar question for you guys. For nvidia, I criticize it, because I find their driver very well, and that the war in the area of graphics card and it showing up bcp characteristic of their cards by providing the sources of their pilot but I knew that matrox supplied them, and they are as good as those made by martox?

Hello,
    It's written somewhere that the XFree drivers for the Parhelia will be open source or not? But we must remember that, although today the drivers for the G400 and others are open source, it was not even at the time of the first Matrox Millennium (before the Mystics), whose specifications they themselves were not provided and why it was impossible to make a pilot. Hopefully, the benefits derived by image Open Source solutions in recent years den Matrox enough influence to get out free drivers for the Parhelia.

Hello,
    The first millennium it starts from the date when the same. I think that we should not compare the dev of ten years ago now with AC is not very long nan made more than drv nvidia linux and if it has but the overclock, flash cards permanently, avoids the soft drinks at each startup of crap just to change the frequency.

Hello,
    I was looking at a site mail order and I was wondering if it was interesting to change the graphics card, in this case a Nvidia Riva TNT 1 for the Matrox G550. I understand that for 3D is equivalent (but very minor). In fact, these are the drivers that are the reason for my interest in this map. It might be interesting for example directfb and future developments of xfree86.