Thread: MacBook Air as ebook reader

MacBook Air as ebook reader

Hi,
    Does is it possible to read ebooks on MacBook Air. I have a macbook with superdrive and snow leopard. I am going travel a lot know and for that I had planned to add some collections of good ebooks on my laptop. For this I want to first figure out that does all the formats of ebooks works on MacBook Air. What software is needed for this if there is not inbuilt support here.

Re: MacBook Air as ebook reader

Usually most of the ebooks are in pdf format. So you just need Acrobat Reader to view those files. Acrobat reader is a most common tool which is widely used and it is available for free. Just download and try the same on some ebooks. It only supports pdf formats which the limitation of this application. It consumes less hard drive space and it is easy to use.

If you want a one stop solution then Stanza is a nice digital ebook reader tool for MAC. It supports a variety of ebook formats which are easy to read and very convenient to use also. Stanza has a good design and you can use it for viewing electronic books, newspapers, pdf, web content, etc. Just try this tool on your mac and then check out. You can get a trial version of this.

I am using Sophie ebook reader in my mac book. It is a free tool and reads most of the ebook format. It supports a wide ebooks. You can simply download the same and use it in some clicks. It offers you two free ebooks also for the starting to test out the tool. It offers you much newer features as compare to other ebook readers. Try this and get some free ebooks also.

There are numerous software available for Macbook to read ebooks. The most easy and branded one which I like is Adobe Digital Editions. It is a best tool used to manage digital publication online and offline. It also supports pdf and xhtml based content on your macbook. So this makes it much flexible tool. You can download teh same for free and try the same.

Try out eReader Pro. A simple freeware utility for mac to read, manage, bookmark and navigate ebooks. It work online also. You can just go on the official site of eReader and get fresh free downloads. While if you are looking for a audio ebook reader then GhostReader is one tool. It allows you to hear the ebook via a inbuilt multilingual text to speech solution called TextParrot.