Thread: Complete office suite for linux

Complete office suite for linux

Hello,
    Under Window I use MS office complete suit to write and lay out leaflets, posters ... and I found a software as easy to use that allows me to do under Linux. For the moment I have not found my happiness with OpenOffice, Lyx and TeXmacs. If you can show me more? Is there is complete office suit for linux operating system? Any more help regarding this is accepted. Thanks in advance.

Office application for linux

Hello,
    Posters, leaflets ... It is pretty graphic communication than text ... If the module of OpenOffice Draw thee not satisfied, you rather go back to 2D imaging software such as Gimp example ... Version 2 allows efficient management of text that you may consider using this version even if there are blocks of text that may change.

Re: Complete office suite for linux

Hello,
    You can use Gimp but you can also turn you into the program Sodipodi vector graphics (like Illustrator). Sodipodi is I think a complete office suite, install it and see if you are satisfied with the performance of it. I think you can easily download it from the source forge site. Also, you can try different applications, but I would recommend you this one.

Linux Office suite

Hello,
    Even I am searching for a similar kind of office suit. I do not want to do vector graphics! We can create beautiful posters, leaflets and beautiful items. I tried Gimp, with the version that is installed under MDK 10.0, but it does not suit me since the text is embedded as an image. I came back on OpenOffice Impress, but I already faces two problems:
    - I can not show the edge of the text without frames that they are printed ... I do not see how to create a poster suitable without adjusting the frames against each other, which is impossible if I do not see them
    - I do not permanent put the text in a frame in two or more columns.
    You have solutions?

Re: Complete office suite for linux

Hello,
    With Scribus I finally found a program that suits me! I only have two small questions about its use: How can I set the borders of text frames (color, depth ...)? How to tab to adjust several lines on the same column, for example, while the "tab" key does not work? If you know any better or powerful featured software other than this then please let me know. Thanks in advance.