Thread: drawing failed after recovery tools.

drawing failed after recovery tools.

Hello everyone. here is my problem. i recovered some pictures after i emptied my recycle bin using a recovery tool. i recovered it after few months. i managed to undelete it, but when i view it, it says drawing failed. there is no thumbnails shown. but when i click on properties, the size is there.
    i tried editing using paint, the error was "Paint cannot read this file. this is not a valid bitmap file, or its format is not currently supported." i tried using irfanview but it still cant view.I tried copy pasting the "regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll and regsvr32 /i shimgvw.dll" but its still the same.i tried searching for solutions but nothing good in return.i am using windows xp.

Thank you so much for all your help. any suggestions is very much appreciated.

Re: drawing failed after recovery tools.

Hello there, it is clear that the file has become corrupt and this is the reason why some of the images cannot be read. This happens if you try to recover the images after a long time or if you recover it again and again. I am afraid that you cannot use those images again.

The file may be completely corrupt or you can use RecoverMyFiles software application to get the files to be recovered well. It may help you out to get the clear image. Do check out.

However you have recovered the deleted files from your system after the long time. And they are not working properly. It is possible that they are not recovered properly. So i will advise you to remove the recovery software you used for this purpose and again try to recover the deleted files from the system using the "Data Recovery Software" in your desktop computer system. may be this can properly recover the files properly.

You are saying that the MS-paint is unable to read the file it is displaying the message that "Paint cannot read this file and this is not a valid bitmap file, or its format is not currently supported." Form this message it should be clear that the file is corrupted. The only thing I can suggest is that try to use any better recovery software for getting this file back.

thanks for all your replies. appreciate it and really thankful. im going to try the recover my files. hopefully things go well. i noticed the recovery depends on the software. i just realized that with all your help. sadly i dont really know how to quote you guys so i apologize. i have 1 last question, is it possible from hex numbers you convert it into pictures manually ?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenny View Post
    Hello there, it is clear that the file has become corrupt and this is the reason why some of the images cannot be read. This happens if you try to recover the images after a long time or if you recover it again and again. I am afraid that you cannot use those images again.
    Hey Glenny i used many recovery tools but still it says ''drawing failed'' or ''preview not available''...........HELP ME plz... All my photos & videos are damaged.H...E...L...P...HELP Thanx in advance if anyone knows the solution

Quote Originally Posted by james8652112 View Post
    Hey Glenny i used many recovery tools but still it says ''drawing failed'' or ''preview not available''...........HELP ME plz... All my photos & videos are damaged.H...E...L...P...HELP Thanx in advance if anyone knows the solution
    What kind of file format of the image that you have are corrupted. If the images are in JPEG file format, then you can use JPEG recovery services that are available but your photos should be worth the cost. There are a number of recovery tools available too, but unless those pictures are very important they aren’t worth the money. Search here.