Thread: 3D application / game under Wine

3D application / game under Wine

Hello,
    I have a notebook with a Radeon Mobility X1600. The transition from 8:10 to Jaunty, I also switched the video driver from fglrx to radeon free. (The fglrx supports this card is no longer ...) Before that were the most 3D games stable under WINE under Jaunty jerky very strong (no matter if compiz is on or not). Is there a way to change this? I'm using the latest version of Wine winehq.org. (1.1.9). But the 3D games and the other application are very slow. Can you please help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Re: 3D application / game under Wine

Hello,
    I also have a Radeon chipset and thus stood before the same problem. Fortunately, I do not need 3D, but also the "normal" performance has deteriorated markedly. I therefore believe that it is located on the driver and therefore no improvement is possible - unless there is a new, proprietary or a better free. In theory, you could indeed try to install X-server back to the older, but I doubt that the part of such a system is readily available.

Hello,
    How do the other application run under wine, that how is the "normal" performance, in native applications (I might have to write it). And if the already not so great is, you can probably just forget Wine. The few applications I use Wine to happiness are not graphically intensive - and sometimes when I really want to play boats but then I sometimes Windows XP.

Hello,
    I have my video card (ATI Radeon X1300 AGP 4x) get installed Ubuntu, WINE and running perfectly. I have found in the readme of WINE (or read somewhere else) that OPENGL games or 3D applications run properly, ... exactly what it should do but not for me ... I though 2 games that run on WINE, but all the others I've tried (CS 1.6, WOW, WC3, a variety of other small games) does not run at all, i.e: most start, but the textures are not displayed. An ideas on this are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    Did you install wine manually, if you have done so, then I think that is why you are getting the problem while running the 3D applications or games, because some of the file may be missing. on the Ubuntu download page www.winehq.org is pretty much how the Wine Apt-get sources, which automatically adds the usual regularly updates the latest wine version is replaced with.

Hello,
    WINE -> Wine is not an emulator and no, that would bring nothing. Start the game once on a console and post the output times (open console -> + f2 press alt and "gnome" type terminal and press enter.
    Then
    Code:
     cd ~ / .wine / drive_c / programs / program folder wine. / program.exe
    what kind of folder the game is you need to customize content and also the name of the .exe file.