Thread: How to use a PDF creator to password-protect any document?

How to use a PDF creator to password-protect any document?

Hi everybody,
    I am afraid that an unauthorized person or party can open and read my confidential documents that are sent by an e-mail. One of my friend was telling me that we can easily avoid such situations by protecting and encrypting your work with a password. But I am not having any idea about it nor my friend has.!! So I thought that you guys can help me in this situation. Please tell me how to use a PDF creator to password-protect any document.?? Hope that I will get quick response from your side.
    Don't be afraid of darkness, it's in your heart anyway.

Re: How to use a PDF creator to password-protect any document?

Hello,
    If you have Adobe Acrobat, it's easy! You're in your PDF open, you do Ctrl D, you see the properties. You go to the 2nd tab (Security) and you click the security method. You will have a choice when security (read, edit, print, etc..). Hope that you can do the rest of things.

Here's a solution to protect. Pdf password: use PDF creator software, very easy to use, the security tab offers the possibility of creating one. Pdf with password. The best solution is to use WinSesame. It is a program that helps protect any file or entire folders using a password or even a signature file with an encryption with the help of one of the 6 algorithms provided. The system is very safe and simple to use. There is a free version limited file size that is sufficient and the full version is not very expensive.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

The big advantage of PDFCreator is to be accessible as soon as the application that contains this document allows the printing of paper-says to do this: Select the original document, print through PDFCreator virtual printer, select the name of output document in PDF [ 1 ]. The application does the rest. The result, even if it does not keep the hyperlinks active, is faithful to the original. Additionally, PDFCreator has many configuration options that allow you to play on the size of the document created or the version of Acrobat Reader used for compatibility. Finally, PDFCreator includes a list system, allowing you to add a line all you want to convert with PDFCreator and run all these manipulations later. This utility also allows you to print in a single file that you merge multiple documents via this list.

Do the following things for password protecting a document :
    1. Right click on the document you want to convert.
    2. Choose create PDF files with MyPDFCreator
    3. You may be asked to settle the PDF Creator as the default printer temporarily. Just click OK if it does.
    4. The dialog box will now pop-up MyPDFCreator. Just check the box Forgot Password Protect Document.
    5. Click Save and select where you want to save your PDF converted.
    6. Click Save again and a dialog box Enter words password will popup.
    7. Now, simply enter the words password you want you want to use and click OK. (Note: Make sure you enter a word passes in all boxes, or your PDF document will not open at all.
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500

Now, most PDF creators using a weak encryption method by default, but you can use a better encryption for added security. You can simply change the encryption settings in the options panel, the mentioned steps amy be helpful for selecting a 128-bit encryption :
    1. Open MyPDFCreator-up: Starting Program> Files-> MyPDFCreator MyPDFCreator.
    2. Click on File-> Options to display the options window.
    3. Now click on the PDF in the list of formats.
    4. Open the Security tab.
    5. Now, check that box in front of the Security Service is activated..
    6. And make sure the encryption level is set to High (128-bit).
    7. Click Save (lower right) and you're done.
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2