Thread: How to edit an online PDF document with PDF-XChange Viewer

How to edit an online PDF document with PDF-XChange Viewer

Hi, i am in need of some urgent help from you all guys. I got some links of an online document that is in PDF format and i need to edit the same without downloading it on mt system. I need to do it very urgent as it belongs to my profession. While searching for some tip about the same, i got that it can be done with a third party software known as PDF-XChange Viewer.

Well, you might be knowing better than me. I dont have any idea about this software. So i request you guys to please make me know How can i edit an online PDF document with PDF-XChange Viewer ? Please help me out for the same. Also let me know if it is possible with any else application. FYI, i am Vista user. Thank you !!!

Re: How to edit an online PDF document with PDF-XChange Viewer

If PDF files are handy for releasing a document on the Internet, it is not really easy (at least free) to edit.With the free PDF-XChange Viewer , you can add comments to any PDF file. You can then insert a note, but also highlight text, surround, strikethrough, underline, add text and draw on any page of your document and forward it to anyone. Your changes and additions will be readable by any PDF reader like Adobe Reader , Foxit Reader and Sumatra PDF . You can download it from here.

PDF-XChange Viewer is a free program and it requires no installation and comes in the form of a compressed archive. Here is what you need to do before using it:
    • Download and save the file on your desktop.
    • Once the download is complete, click the Open button.
    • Click Extract all files.
    • Change the folder path to C: \ PDFX_Vwr_Port example and click Extract.
    • In the window that opens then click the right-click the file and click PDFXCview.exe Send To then Bureau (create shortcut).
    • A shortcut to launch PDF-XChange Viewer is placed on your desktop.

PDF-XChange Viewer offers many tools to modify your PDF document, add comments, add or delete text, etc.. To edit any type of PDF files, just follow these few simple steps:
    1. Double click the shortcut to PDF-XChange Viewer, which is located on your desktop.

2. Uncheck the Always ask before opening this file and click Run.

3. Click the Open button or double click on the bottom of the window.

4. Browse your hard drive in search of the PDF file to open it, select it and click Open.

5. The Commenting toolbar and annotations will allow you to modify your PDF document.

6. You can highlight items.

7. Add comment.

8. Add or cross out text.

9. Draw on the document, add and overlay shapes in different colors, ...

10. Apply a stamp on your document.

11. Clear your texts simply using the eraser tool as well as the various elements added with the Delete command.

The changes you make on your PDF will be readable by your correspondents, regardless of their PDF reader like Adobe Reader , Foxit Reader and Sumatra PDF .. By opening your PDF again changed with PDF-XChange Viewer, you can retrace your additions, make new changes, etc..

To do so click the File menu and then click Save As. Select a folder to save the PDF, choose a name and click Save. You can then distribute your PDF document. Your changes will be visible to all but can not be changed. If you reopen your file with PDF-XChange Viewer, you can retrace your additions, make new changes, etc..