Thread: What are types of word passes in MS Excel?

What are types of word passes in MS Excel?

Hello friends,
    I am not having much knowledge about the MS Excel. I have just done the basic things that are required for the initiators. I always wonder that there may be types of words goes like types of files!? Is it possible? you guys always did the useful job by helping me, so expecting the same from your side this time also. Please tell me what are types of word passes in MS Excel? Any other information regarding the same topic would be really grateful.!!

Re: What are types of word passes in MS Excel?

It is possible that there may be types of words goes like types of files. MS Excel is equipped with five types of lock word password with which you can protect your worksheets. This means that you can secure your MS Excel worksheet with 5 different security measures word password and prevent unauthorized access to the spreadsheet. Beneficial for people in the field of finance as MS Excel is widely used tool by accountants, chartered accountants, brokers, and every other person stenos that need to store and display data in a hierarchical order. The types of word passes Excel are as follows :
    • Forgot Password to open the spreadsheet
    • Forgot password for changes
    • VBA modules
    • Sheet Password
    • Notebook Forgot Password

Re: Forgot password to open the worksheet

I know about the giving the password for your worksheets. So I thought that would be useful for you, hence provided an information about it. You can assign words to pass for Excel spreadsheets and prevent anyone from accessing it. To assign password for your file Xls :
    1. Open the document xls that you want to password protect.
    2. Select Save As from the File menu.
    3. Click the Tools tab on the top of the Save As window and select General Options.
    4. Backup Options window will be displayed, where you can enter the word password in the desired word password to open the text box.
    5. If an unauthorized person tries to open the spreadsheet, Excel prompts you to enter the word password.
    6. If the password is password is incorrect the sheet will not open.

The Excel spreadsheet may contain modules with VBA macros added in the file. This module Visual Basic for Applications can also be password protected. Forgot password protection, follow these steps :
    1. Select the VBA module and right-click the mouse button.
    2. Select Properties from the VBA project.
    3. Click the Protection tab.
    4. In this window, select the Lock project for viewing option and assign password in the password to display the Properties dialog of the project.
    5. Click OK.

The VBA module is now password protected password and protected from unauthorized use.

As there are 5 different options to protect the Excel worksheet with words goes , there can be times when you tend to forget or lose the password password assigned or Excel document may be corrupted due to virus attacks, accidental deletions, power outages, etc. There are many tools password recovery password recovery for Excel / loss of words goes overlooked. These software tools can easily restore the words password forgotten Excel files. But if in case the MS Excel file becomes corrupted, you can try a free demo version of Kernel Recovery for Excel, an excellent software for recovering corrupted files easily recovers and repairs damaged leaves and extracts cell data, formulas, graphs, images, hyperlinks etc. If the Excel repair software displays your lost data, you can purchase the full version of Excel file repair.