Thread: Issues with N900's Media Player playlist

Issues with N900's Media Player playlist

I have been moving through every command I can find in the N900 media player, with the suggested guidance in the N900 PDF documentation, and unable to make it add songs properly to playlists.

I can get it to add entire songs in an album to a new play-list, but again, not to an existing playlist. I am unable to add more than one song that I selected to a new or existing playlist. The N900 guides says there is an "add to current playlist" command when in the all songs screen.

I think, your saved playlist and now it converts into "current" playlist when you start to play the added media files in the player. At that point you can add more songs to the recent playlist and save it again with a name. I am unaware about the term that how to add a single song to a playlist here.

Had to actually try this one... The saved playlist really going to be current playlist when you start playing the media files in the dedicated player, so at that point you can add number of songs into it and save it after.

And one thing more that is needed to found out the method to add single songs (from e.g. entire songs view) - You need not to tap a song but press and hold, then you get a menu option of "add to current playlist" for single songs also.

You have to get a very long and specific sequence, while avoiding common logic and programming assumptions, to come into it to perform. Here's what worked:

• Open player as application.
    • In top-of-screen menu choose one of the option - All Songs, All Albums, Artist, Genre, or Playlist.
    • Now, You have to start playing a song to get to the Now Playing screen - only then can you save or create a playlist.
    • From the top of the screen menu choose "Save Playlist". That will save or create that one song in a playlist.
    • To add number of songs go back two screens to Songs, Albums, etc.
    • Press and hold a song to add it to the current playlist. Repeat for more songs.
    • Come back to the Now Playing screen one more time and do the "save playlist" process there.
    • It will ask you to enter a playlist name. It will not come up the lists you have already created, so it assumes as you are creating a new one - you're not.
    • Now you have created or updated a playlist.

Yeah, The Media Player part of the manual is just have done very poorly and even if it were not, the actual MP steps are still user-unfriendly.

I found some other feature with much fooling around. It is wondered thing that why when choosing a song from a playlist, entire songs in that playlist would display on the right side of the Now Playing screen, but after some times only the chooses song would be there. Well, if you tap the record player icon on the left whole songs would be displayed and stay, then you can choose other songs there instead back at the playlist screen.