Thread: Winamp hangs after ripping 2 CDs

Winamp hangs after ripping 2 CDs

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate operating system and I have a done an upgradation of the same from Windows Vista. Actually, I am having a problem with a software while using it in Windows 7. The issue is that Winamp hangs after ripping 2 CDs. I am not able to understand why this is happening because I was using it without such problems in Windows Vista. It helped me to rip music tracks easily. All possible replies and comments are suggested.

An incompatibility issue

Winamp hangs after ripping 2 CDs is an incompatibility issue, that the software is having with the operating system. I can assure you this because I had tried using this particular player in my system when I had installed Windows 7 for the first time. But, it never started even after the proper installation of the player. Use some other alternative ripper to solve the issue.

The new version of Winamp

The issue of Winamp hangs after ripping 2 CDs is only caused by the older versions of this player. I suggest you to get the new version of Winamp. This is because all the new versions of the applications and programs work fine with the Windows 7 operating system. I am using the latest version of this player and such a problem is not experienced while ripping in my system.

Reinstall Winamp

There must have been some issue while installing this player because of which Winamp hangs after ripping 2 CDs. So, it is required that you must reinstall Winamp, inorder to get rid of this issue. Just make sure that you do not run any other applications and programs in the background, that is while the reinstallation is going on. I hope that your problem will be solved after that.

The compatibility mode for Windows XP

If you try using the compatibility mode for Windows XP for this player, then the problem of Winamp hangs after ripping 2 CDs will be solved. Use the option of troubleshoot compatibility, that is available when you right-click on the icon of this particular software. Use the recommended settings that are given there. You can also mention the programs that you are finding individually.