Thread: How to Disable Screensaver in winamp?

How to Disable Screensaver in winamp?

Hello all,

It should be a stupid question but really I don't know about it that how to disable the screen saver of winamp. Is it possible to disable the screensaver when any media file is already being played in winamp ? I know this setting exists for video, but is there one for just any type of playing? Is there a plugin?

Thanks

You can disable the screen saver but it is commonly happened and displayed when you start to play the video files, commonly it doesn't appear in the audio player.

You need to avoid the video options and just look at the 'screensaver control' section specifically with the 'disable the screensaver only' option which i think will disable the screensaver for audio as well and let me know either method how it be in function (though i have a feeling i may require to patch the plugin anyway).

When you are using to play a video files within the Winamp, the screensaver can come up . Do you want to play with the hidden video? Do you want to disable screensaver at the time of playback on Winamp? So , Please consider the following fix.

• Open Winamp application.
    • Come on the top menu named as Options - Preferences to open the Preferences window.
    • The Winamp Preferences window displayed. Click Video inside General Preferences from the left side...
    • From the right side, change the Disable Windows screensaver when used to play video option in the Video Playback section.
    • Click the Close button to be exit from the Preferences window.
    • Now,you have disabled screensaver during playback on Winamp.

According to me, Winamp video preference section only applies to the DShow plugin. Either that or Power Player doesn't report that a video is active properly. The winamp video plugin just comes to DirectShow for decoding so it will manage entire files just as well as the different programs that uses it like WMP, MPC.

If you still have some issue with video playback then I would suggest installing either ffdshow , ffdshow tryouts for Vista, or CCCP (that is ffdshow packaged with some extra components).

I think, some video cards (probably nvidia ) have a property that if you are using the visualizations in winamp it will temporarily bypass the screen saver until you exit from the program but I believe if you are going for regular media library it will go to screen saver unless you manually turn it off. You need not to hold me to this information as I am not properly definite about its accuracy.