Thread: Download Scheduler

Download Scheduler

Hello there, I have desktop computer which is running on Windows XP operating system and has a BSNL broadband connection. The plan which I am using has limited data download till 10 pm and unlimited data download from 10 pm till morning 8. Therefore I need a Download Scheduler which will start the download exactly at 10 pm. Please suggest some applications which will help me.

Re: Download Scheduler

There are many applications available online which will help you in scheduling tasks. Search for the applications which are available for scheduling tasks and download it on the computer. Install the application and schedule the task for downloading at a particular time. Remember to keep the application running as the scheduled task will only run when the application is running on the computer.

You dont have to download any special applications for scheduling task. As you are using Windows XP operating system, there is an Windows Task scheduler which can be useful for you. You can schedule the Windows Task scheduler to run any application at a given time. Hence schedule a task to run the downloading application at 10pm and save it. As other applications, Windows Task scheduler can be closed after scheduling the download time.

Utorrent is an application which you can use to download all kinds of files on the computer. Search for Utorrent online and download the application on the computer. After installation of the application, open it and start the download of files and pause it. Now go to preferences and set the time at which you want the download to resume. Click on Ok and minimize the application. The download will resume at the time specified by you.

Internet download manager and download manager are two applications which I think will be more useful to you. Both the softwares support all types of files to be downloaded. You can schedule the time at which the download of the file has to be started and can also shut down the computer when the download is completed. Both the softwares are available for free hence can be downloaded and installed without any problems.