Thread: Rivatuner Settings won't apply

Rivatuner Settings won't apply

I have downloaded the latest version of rivatuner. I have a Geforce GTX 260 card with me and the driver that am using is 196.21 version. What I did was trying to up the core clock and the memory clock of the graphic card to some extent and after hitting apply button in rivatuner the settings just revert back. Can anyone tell me why is this happening or is it a know issue? Waiting for your response.

Re: Rivatuner Settings won't apply

Well, it is not the problem with rivatuner and its versions but the graphics driver versions you are applying the changes. You need to update your driver to either 196.34 or 197.13 and the same you can be get from the nvidia website. Just make sure after updating the driver once only then do the fiddlings with your graphic card.

I also had the same problem with Rivatuner not letting me to change the settings of my graphic card. I even downloaded coolbits just to make sure whether it was these program issues or not and still had same problem. So what I did was updated the drivers and then used rivatuner and to my happiness the problem got solved.

I also had the same issues and the only solutions to use on this boards were NTUNE. I did whatever I can with rivatuner but nothing worked, even it did not support the fan automation in Windows Vista which was quite annoying. I also checked that rivatuner did not have a tab for fan settings and therefore I was obliged to use the manual settings to the set the fans all by myself which was quite risky.

The latest version of Rivatuner does not supports Windows Vista and also currently RivaTuner doesn't provide driver-level 2D/3D fan speed control features under Vista due to NVIDIA Vista driver's limitations. So might be in future nvidia will release driver that will let rivatuner to control it and hope that it comes asap.

Even I am not able to apply settings on ati 4870 with rivatuner. I just wanted to check whether it can push to some more extent greater than 675/1050 which ran fine with the ATI overdrive but as soon as I try to change the clock speed with rivatuner it revert backs to the original that was previoulsy set by the ATI Overdrive. Is there anything else that can be done to solve this issue.
    Wishlist: Nothing.