Thread: Ambient Occlusion

Ambient Occlusion

Hello friends,
    I want to know about the Ambient Occlusion in detail. I have given an assignment regarding it. Also I am having doubt that the ambient occlusion works in Windows XP.?? I have tried to install it but I am not able to see it in the Control Panel even it says that it is installed.!! So please help me to clear the doubt and also tell me more about the Ambient Occlusion.

Re: Ambient Occlusion

With the rise of current graphics cards and freedom offered by the new versions of shaders, there arise more and more techniques "complicated" to improve the realism of 3D scenes. The technique of ambient occlusion is outside this display of power, since it is only using the good old diffuse color of the vertices (vertex color), and furthermore does not require a pre-calculation. Remember that, as its name implies, this technique calculates an ambient color. Note that techniques exist to realize this technique in real time, but we do not take an interest here, interest is already limited.

I think that an ambient occlusion does not work in Windows XP (32-bit), and I am not sure about the Windows XP 64-bit. I would like to recommend you to install the Windows 7 operating system and then you can try to install it. I have never tried it on my own but I think that it should work. The ambient occlusion from a simple idea: the shade of a point depending on the geometry neighbor. For example, inside a tube will never be very bright, regardless of the number or type of light present on the outside of the tube.

I would like to tell about the ambient occlusion. An ambient occlusion from the simple idea that the shading of a point depends mainly on the geometry neighbor. The computation of occlusion enables us to obtain the shade at one point, which is the goal, but we can also infer something very useful: the so-called "bent normal". It is actually a normal amended, which represents the direction in which a point is the most enlightened. Easily obtained by averaging the directions to the other elements, weighted by the factor associated with the occlusion element.

The ambient occlusion can be explained in the following manner :
    • In a 3D scene, the lighting in each element consists of several components. The first are the best known and most obvious since they are the ones we think first: direct light sources. The latter are often forgotten but nevertheless very important. So in reality, each object reflects some of the light it receives. This means that each object in the scene for each other object becomes a source of indirect light that can participate in its light.
    • A global illumination rendering type can represent all these sources of indirect light, but it is very cumbersome and costly in terms of performance. 3D real-time, these sources of indirect lighting are generally represented in a very simplified by a constant ambient light.

Ambient Occlusion Is a shading method Used in 3D computer graphics Which Helps add realism to local reflection models by Taking Into account attenuation of light due to occlusion. Approximate ambient occlusion Attempt to radiate light the way in real life, Especially What are Normally off-regarded non-reflective surfaces. Or else you can also define as Ambient Occlusion is a sophisticated technique, based on raytracing, which simulates a soft global illumination (via an effect of "dark corner" usually due to the scattering of light by dust accumulation and dirt). This has the effect of darkening the cracks, corners and points of contact, that is why the ambient occlusion is often called "dirt shader!!
    -Whats the use of your old clothes if you won't give it to those who are poor?
    -Whats the use of your cooking skill if you won't cook for those who are hungy?
    -Whats the use of YOU if you won't help those in need