Thread: Adobe Acrobat automatic update

Adobe Acrobat automatic update

Acrobat automatically downloaded an update that I don't want to install. I have disabled the automatic update feature to keep it from downloading updates automatically in the future. My question is how do I keep the update that is already downloaded to my computer from installing. There is a pop up window that asks me if I want to install the update. I would like to delete the file if I knew where it was located. I would appreciate any help. Thanks, Tony

Re: Adobe Acrobat automatic update

Normally you can disable automatic updates for Acrobat via the update tool preferences interface. This tool however will not function without an internet connection. To work around this issue download this registry export: disableupdates.reg.

Hi, you can refer to this link
    Last edited by FReakMaster; 16-04-2010 at 10:40 PM. Reason: want to upload some image but make a mistake.

Thanks for your response to my question. I'm not sure I was clear. The update has downloaded to my computer, but has not installed. I am trying to keep the downloaded update from installing. I know there has to be a way to do this? Thanks again for your help.

You can disable the automatic updates for Acrobat through the link given below by the EINSTEIN_007. Now you want to remove the notification for installing the downloaded updates in your system at every startup. I think you can delete the downloaded update from the update folder of the Acrobat in the programs files folder or from the Following path c:\Windows\task. So try this out may be this will solve the problem.