Thread: Norton Antivirus 2010 is very slow with Windows 7

Norton Antivirus 2010 is very slow with Windows 7

I have done an upgradation to the Windows 7 operating system recently from Windows Vista. Now, I have installed Norton Antivirus 2010 in my system. But, the situation that I am facing now is that Norton Antivirus 2010 is very slow with Windows 7. I suppose that this is not any sort of incompatibility issue. Then, why is this happening. Is there any method to solve this issue? If yes, then kindly reply as soon as possible.

System requirements of Norton Antivirus 2010

The system requirements of Norton Antivirus 2010 are as given below:
    Operating systems:
    • Windows XP
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows 7

Other requirements:
    • Processor: 300 MHz or better
    • RAM: 256 MB or more
    • Hard Disk: 200 MB or more free

You must get some idea why Norton Antivirus 2010 is very slow with Windows 7 from the system requirements of the same that are mentioned above.

Windows 7 uses a lot of resources

Hello there, the main reason why Norton Antivirus 2010 is very slow with Windows 7 is that Windows 7 uses a lot of resources. This can be lowered upto some extent. It is required that you must switch to the Aero theme from the graphical theme. Also, the Built-in components that are provided by the operating system must be stopped. This will help you to solve the problem.

The hardware and software evaluation tool

You must run the hardware and software evaluation tool in your system to check if the issue of Norton Antivirus 2010 is very slow with Windows 7 is being encountered because of any incompatibility problem or not. This is because even if the system requirements in one of the above posts shows that the Windows 7 operating system is supported, there can still be problems with the same.

Reinstall the antivirus

I suppose that it will be better if you reinstall the antivirus to solve the problem that Norton Antivirus 2010 is very slow with Windows 7. There must have been some problem while the antivirus software was installed in your system. The issue may have occurred because you must have run other applications and programs in the background of the installation process. Avoid this, when you do the reinstallation.

All the versions of Norton are slow

One has to be remember that problem of Norton Antivirus 2010 is very slow with Windows 7 is a genuine issue. Actually, all the versions of Norton are slow. This is so because, whenever an infection is detected by it in your system, it will slow down the entire system. This is done because most of the resources of the system is used by the antivirus to trace the threat in the system. So, I suggest you to quit using Norton antivirus as soon as possible.

jacky7788 Guest

Re: Norton Antivirus 2010 is very slow with Windows 7

It is required that you must switch to the Aero theme from the graphical theme.This will help you to solve the problem.Norton Antivirus 2010 is very slow with Windows 7 is that Windows 7 uses a lot of resources.

Re: Norton Antivirus 2010 is very slow with Windows 7

ok thanks for the information jack well i try it.