Thread: video calibration discs ?

video calibration discs ?

There is anybody here can suggest me if they have used already ? I know about some of then which two are as follows: Digital video essentials, which by most accounts is extremely complex and poorly laid out for the novice,where as Avia which is much more user friendly, reportedly. Dear friends, what's your idea about this.???

Thanks

As you know, a lot of software are used for this purpose and I am agree with you whatever you have selected.

Actually, the software that you have obtained is for beginner and if you are working as a beginner then you need not to worry about that, you can freely use that without another option and once you crossed the beginner level then you can opt anything that you desire.

Avia is one of the popular disk used for calibration as well as very feasible information and calibration demonstrations , explanations of calibrations as well as excellent test signals to be used for calibration. It is arguably simpler to get a better 5-minute calibration with Avia than anything else. You can use your lot of time than that, there is much, much more material than mentioned here.

First of all adjust entire "sharpness"" settings on TV and DVD player to "off" or the very minimum level. Configure your video display and DVD player settings to "Pro", "Normal" "Advanced" or whatever setting you need to set or aware to set your display near to the "6500K" standard. You can also contact with your vendor if you need more help.

calibration discs : Video Essentials

Upside: Long array of reference test mechanism; varied montage of images.

Downside: Complex to navigate; test mechanism not adequately described.

Best for: It for those experts who needed reference-quality patterns and are already aware about basic calibration methods. The first setup DVD available, Video Essentials is still the gold standard for professional calibrators and other experts who are intimately aware with its labyrinthine navigation.

Hello friends,

It is natural behavior of person that if he/she is using something and like most then person will suggest the same to another, So I am also going to tell you what I always use and I think it would also be better for you.

I am using DVE in HD (or SD sometimes) and have had a number of achievements. I used the Monster disc a few times with varying degrees of success. May be I'm just used to DVE now. The Monster disc would be the better option for those professional who is looking to save some money and/or just starting out with calibration.